PDA

View Full Version : fading textures help?

quadroplex
06-13-2008, 11:17 PM
I have found that if you use the material editor in 3ds max to blend and gradient textures for a zone then export the zone to 3ds format it doesnt export the texture for the blended or gradiented texture and cant be imported to oz... does anyone have any suggestions???

Windcatcher
06-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Openzone doesn't have support for variable texture alpha, mainly because the .WLD format doesn't support it either. I could add support for it in the .XWF format, but that would mean that you could only use the feature when making zones for SimpleClient.

Unfortunately we've pretty much maxed out on what the .WLD format can support. I could potentially (over a long period of time) add .EQG support, but that would mean having to reverse-engineer the format (once again, which could take a long time). I've been mulling over adding shader support to .XWF for quite some time so we could have some really stunning SimpleClient zones, but I haven't decided what the best course is yet. I'm open to any thoughts if the community wants to have a wider discussion on it. I have the three main OpenGL references (including the orange GLSL book) so starting on shader support is a possibility.

quadroplex
06-14-2008, 12:12 PM
well once SC is more stable i plan to use it, Id use it now if zoning didnt crash the client so my vote is yes for adding the support to that particular format