PDA

View Full Version : Adding new Item icons and Global Objects/ Spawns

quadroplex
06-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Anyone know if this is possible? Adding new models globally like say for an item or Object? Adding new npc models?

If so any chance of an explination on accomplishing this?

xxarthurxx
06-14-2008, 03:15 PM
you might try adding the model names to GlobalLoad.txt it seems this file is loading much if not all of the global models so my guess is this is the right file... however once this is done it must be downloaded or altered client side for the player to see it.

Looking at this further most globals are also part of a global_.s3d file. perhaps there is more to look into to get this working.

Scorpious2k
06-15-2008, 07:07 PM
I have done both. As I recall, I was the one who figured out how to globally add objects back in the early days of OpenZone. We have several custom objects on our server including custom aug pools, custom PoK "book" (its a globe), and assorted other objects including our stargate. :D

It's much easier now. To add objects, you export an s3d file of just those objects. Add that file to the GlobalLoad.txt file.

As for mob models, there are several that come with OZ now, so you can use them as examples and either make an s3d with it or include it into the zone you are going to use it in. Again, to make it global add the file to GlobalLoad.txt.