PDA

View Full Version : Would it be possible for someone to code me a function

Astaldoath
06-16-2008, 04:31 PM
I need a function that would cause players corpses killed in PVP to drop PVP coins which are turned in for PVP points to buy PVP items. If anyone could code this for me or help me code it I would be very grateful.

eq4me
06-16-2008, 06:16 PM
I've virtually no time to spare right now but as far as I can see this behavior is handled in zone/PlayerCorpse.cpp, search for "tCanLoot".
The idea of giving out special coins for PVP kills is cool, but I can think of a few issues that should be handled.

- Reward should be based on level, level difference and class. That might include some penalties for strong PvP classes(Necro) that kill weaker classes.
- Reduced/No reward if the killed char is naked and has a corpse with equipment (-> corpse camping)
- Check for exploits and foul play. Like PKer and PKed play from the same IP.

AndMetal
06-18-2008, 01:10 AM
This thread (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24768) should answer your question:

The item that is dropped in PvP is defined in the variables table as PvPreward:

Allows players to loot items off a player corpse in pvp | 0 - no items | 1 - a single item | 2 - all items | 3 - item specified in PvPreward |

So, say you have Item ID 12345 (as an example) that you want to be dropped when you kill someone in PvP. You would then change the value for PvPreward in variables to 12345.

Hope this helps :-)