PDA

View Full Version : Updates to the Debian Linux Install Wiki

trevius
06-23-2008, 04:41 AM
Figured I would make a post here about this, since I doubt it is often that everyone surfs through the wiki for updates.

I have made some considerable updates to the Debian Linux Install Wiki here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=DebianLinuxServer

The Wiki already had most of the information required to get setup (thanks AndMetal), but I added a step-by-step install process for the OS. I also added many tweaks and settings to get things running optimally. Some of the settings and info might even come in handy to people who already have Debian installed. And finally, I filled in some sections that hadn't been completed yet.

I am not a Linux guru by far lol. But, I have learned a lot in getting my server running on Linux and rebuilding it a few times. I am sure that improvements could be made on the Wiki, but I feel that it is pretty complete now at least for a beginner to get off to a very good start with minimal issues.

So, if you have been worried about setting up your server on Linux due to lack of information, you might want to give it a shot now. I will try to help with any problems people run into and will update the wiki if anyone sees mistakes and notes them here (or you could update it yourself).

xxarthurxx
06-23-2008, 03:20 PM
id have more hairs on my head if you did this just 2 weeks ago trev! hehe ah well thanks much for the great update :D