PDA

View Full Version : Item Editor Suggestion

trevius
06-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Ok, so I have an idea for a large revamp on the single item edit portion of GeorgeS' Item Editor. I hope you don't have a problem with me making this suggestion. I think your tools are all amazing. I was trying to think of a way to improve the editing of single items, and this is what I came up with to replace the window that opens with you click the "Edit Item" button:

http://stormhavenserver.com/downloads/New_Item_Editor.jpg

I know it would mean a complete rewrite of that part of the tool. And I am sure that would take a while. The way it works now is good, but I think it would be a bit better if it was setup where you could view all of the information on an item at once. The screen is very packed (I made this in photoshop quickly), but it gets all of the information in there. I think it would look much better if the fields were all aligned on the right side of each column. I also think that slightly changing the font color for each section would help with breaking it up a bit to be easier to read and find what you are looking for.

I did a complete organization of the item fields so that they are all grouped into sections relating together (as apposed to having them placed randomly).

Here is the organized list of every field in the Items table with notes:

Name - (Field Name) #Mousover Notes %%Pull Down Select Option //If Name is the same as Field Name, then there are no Parenthesis

Item Name - (Name)

Item ID - (id)

Item Lore - (lore) #Lore Description of the item
Lore Group - (loregroup) #0 = not lore, -1 = lore, 1 = Epic Lore %%Dropdown to select: Lore, Not Lore, Epic Lore
Artifact - (artifactflag) #0 = no, 1 = yes %%Dropdown to select: Yes, No
No Drop - (nodrop) #0 = yes, 1 = no %%Dropdown to select: Yes, No
No Rent - (norent) #255 = Rentable, 0 = No Rent %%Dropdown to select: Yes, No
Attuneable - (attuneable) #0 = no, 1 = yes %%Dropdown to select: Yes, No
Magic - (magic) #0 = no, 1 = yes %%Dropdown to select: Yes, No
Tradeskill Item - (tradeskills) #1 = Yes, 0 = No - Displays "This item is used in tradeskills" %%Dropdown to select: Yes, No

Recommended Level - (reclevel) #0 for none
Recommended Skill - (recskill) #0 for none
Required Level - (reqlevel) #0 for none

Classes - (classes) #0 - 16 %%Check Boxes to Select Classes - Optional "Select All" box
Races - (races) %%Check Boxes to Select Races - Optional "Select All" box
Deity - (deity) %%Check Boxes to Select Dieties - All Enabled By default (0)
Slots - (slots) %%Check Boxes to Select Slots

Armor Class - (ac)

STR - (astr) #Strength, -127 - 127
AGI - (aagi) #Agility, -127 - 127
DEX - (adex) #Dexterity, -127 - 127
STA - (asta) #Stamina, -127 - 127
INT - (aint) #Intelligence, -127 - 127
WIS - (awis) #Wisdom, -127 - 127
CHA - (acha) #Charisma, -127 - 127

Magic Resist - (mr)
Fire Resist - (fr)
Cold Resist - (cr)
Disease Resist - (dr)
Poison Resist - (pr)

Hit Points - (hp)
Hit Point Regen - (regen)
Mana - (mana)
Mana Regen - (manaregen)
Endurance - (endur)
Endurance Regen - (enduranceregen)

Attack - (attack)
Haste - (haste)
Damage Shield - (damageshield)

Damage - (damage)
Delay - (delay)
Range - (range)

Extra Skill Damage - (extradmgskill) #List Found Here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=SkillList %%Dropdown to select Skill Type
Extra Damage Amount - (extradmgamt)

Elemental Damage Type - (elemdmgtype) #0 = None, 1 = Magic, 2 = Fire, 3 = Cold, 4 = Poison, 5 = Disease %%Dropdown to select: None, Magic, Fire, Cold, Poison, Disease
Elemental Damage Amount - (elemdmgamt)

Bane Damage Body Type - (banedmgbody) #List Found Here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=BodyTypList %%Dropdown to select Body Type
Bane Damage Amount - (banedmgamt)
Bane Damage Race - (banedmgrace) #List Found Here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=RaceLists %%Dropdown to select Race
Bane Damage Race Amount - (banedmgraceamt)

Skill Modifier Type - (skillmodtype) #List Found Here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=SkillList %%Dropdown to select Skill Type
Skill Modifier Value - (skillmodvalue)

Bard Skill Modifier Type - (bardtype) #12 = Brass Instruments, 41 = Sing, 49 = Stringed Instruments, 54 = Wind Instruments, 70 = Percussion Instruments %%Dropdown to select Bard Skill Type
Bard Skill Modifier Value - (bardvalue)

Accuracy - (accuracy)
Avoidance - (avoidance)
DoT Shielding - (dotshielding)
Shielding - (shielding)
Spell Shielding - (spellshield)
Strikethrough - (strikethrough)
Stun Resistance - (stunresist)
Combat Effects - (combateffects)

Icon - (icon) #Blank Field with extra "..." button to possibly load GeorgeS Icon Viewer Tool
ID File - (idfile) #Blank Field with extra "..." button to possibly load GeorgeS Encyclopedia
Item Class - (itemclass) #0 = Common, 1 = Container, 2 = Book
Item Type - (itemtype) #List Found here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ItemIDReference
Material - (material) #Texture of Armor - 0 = Cloth, 1 = Leather, 2 = Chain, 3 = Plate, 10-16 = Robes, Max is 22
Color - (color) #Use the GeorgeS color Editor for this option
Size - (size) #0 = Tiny, 1 = Small, 2 = Medium, 3 = Large, 4 = Giant, 5 = Giant too big for containers %%Dropdown to select: Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, Giant, Giant2
Weight - (weight) #10 per 1 stone in weight
Light - (light)
Stackable - (stackable) #0 = No Stack, 1 = Stackable
Stack Size - (stacksize)
Price - (price)
Sell Rate - (sellrate)

Augment Type - (augtype) #When making an augment this is the type it will fit into
Augment Distiller - (augdistiller) #If this item is an augment, this is the type of Distiller that will remove it from an item safely
Augment Restrictions - (augrestrict)

augslot1type #The Level of Augment that the slot can hold
augslot1unk #Whether or not a player can see this aug slot (1 = show players, 0 = hide from players)
augslot2type #The Level of Augment that the slot can hold
augslot2unk #Whether or not a player can see this aug slot (1 = show players, 0 = hide from players)
augslot3type #The Level of Augment that the slot can hold
augslot3unk #Whether or not a player can see this aug slot (1 = show players, 0 = hide from players)
augslot4type #The Level of Augment that the slot can hold
augslot4unk #Whether or not a player can see this aug slot (1 = show players, 0 = hide from players)
augslot5type #The Level of Augment that the slot can hold
augslot5unk #Whether or not a player can see this aug slot (1 = show players, 0 = hide from players)

Cast Time Displayed - (casttime) #in milliseconds
Cast Time Used - (casttime_) #in milliseconds
Recast Delay - (recastdelay) #in seconds
Recast Type - (recasttype) #-1 = None, 1 - 10 to set. Sets a global timer for recasting items set to the same type
Maximum Charges - (maxcharges) #-1 for Unlimited

Click Effect - (clickeffect) #-1 for none %%Blank Field with extra "..." button to open a window to select the spell
Click Type - (clicktype) #1 = clickable from inventory, 4 = must equip, 5 = Rogue Poison
Click Level - (clicklevel) #Minimum level to use the click cast
Click Level2 - (clicklevel2)

Proc Effect - (proceffect) #-1 for none %%Blank Field with extra "..." button to open a window to select the spell
Proc Level - (proclevel) #Minimum level for the weapon to Proc
Proc Level2 - (proclevel2) #Level that the proc will reach maximum power. Useful for DD, DoT, Heal effects mostly
Proc Rate - (procrate) #Rate below or above the normal proc rate of a weapon - normal = 0, 50 = %150, -50 = %50
Proc Type - (proctype)

Worn Effect - (worneffect) #-1 for none %%Blank Field with extra "..." button to open a window to select the spell
Worn Effect Level - (wornlevel) #Minimum level for the Worn Effect to work
Worn Effect Level2 - (wornlevel2) #Level the worn effect will reach maximum effect
Worn Type - (worntype)

Focus Effect - (focuseffect) #-1 for none %%Blank Field with extra "..." button to open a window to select the spell
Focus Effect Level - (focuslevel) #Minimum level for the Focus Effect to work
Focus Level2 - (focuslevel2) #Level the focus effect will reach maximum effect.
Focus Type - (focustype)

Spell Scroll Effect - (scrolleffect) #-1 for none %%Blank Field with extra "..." button to open a window to select the spell
Spell Scroll Type - (scrolltype) #If this item is a Spell Scroll, This is the Spell ID of the spell it should scribe.
Scroll Level - (scrolllevel) #Minimum level to Scribe the Spell
Scroll Level2 - (scrolllevel2) #Leave this at 0

Bag Size - (bagsize) #0 = TINY, 1 = SMALL, 2 = MEDIUM, 3 = LARGE, 4 = GIANT %%Dropdown to select: Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, Giant
Bag Slots - (bagslots) #Number of slots in the bag
Bag Type - (bagtype) #List can be found on this page: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=EQEmuDBSchemaitems %%Dropdown to select Bag Type
Bag Weight Reduction - (bagwr)

Book - (book) #0=Not Book, 1=Book %%Dropdown to select: Not Book, Book
Book Type - (booktype)
Book Filename - (filename) #Corresponds to the "name" field in the books table

Charm File - (charmfile)
Charm File ID - (charmfileid)

Firiona Vie No Drop - (fvnodrop)

Item Source - (source) #Source of the item (Default "CUSTOM" for custom created items)
Comment - (comment) #Optional item comment

----Everything Below this line was left out of the tool image. You could probably add a button to open a window showing these misc fields------

minstatus
ldonprice
ldontheme
ldonsold
pointtype
nopet
favor
guildfavor
benefitflag
summonedflag
questitemflag
pendingloreflag
potionbelt
potionbeltslots
notransfer
svcorruption
purity
evolvinglevel
serialized
verified
serialization
updated
lorefile

Faction Modifier1 - (factionmod1) #The amount of the faction assigned in factionmod1 to be modified
Faction Modifier2 - (factionmod2) #The amount of the faction assigned in factionmod2 to be modified
Faction Modifier3 - (factionmod3) #The amount of the faction assigned in factionmod3 to be modified
Faction Modifier4 - (factionmod4) #The amount of the faction assigned in factionmod4 to be modified
Faction Amount1 - (factionamt1) #The faction which factionamt1 will modify
Faction Amount2 - (factionamt2) #The faction which factionamt2 will modify
Faction Amount3 - (factionamt3) #The faction which factionamt3 will modify
Faction Amount4 - (factionamt4) #The faction which factionamt4 will modify

clickunk5
clickunk6
clickunk7
procunk1
procunk2
procunk3
procunk4
procunk6
procunk7
wornunk1
wornunk2
wornunk3
wornunk4
wornunk5
wornunk6
wornunk7
focusunk1
focusunk2
focusunk3
focusunk4
focusunk5
focusunk6
focusunk7
scrollunk1
scrollunk2
scrollunk3
scrollunk4
scrollunk5
scrollunk6
scrollunk7
augslot1unk2
augslot2unk2
augslot3unk2
augslot4unk2
augslot5unk2
unknown002
unknown003
unknown005
unknown007
unknown018
unknown019
unknown020
unknown061
unknown067
unknown069
unknown081
unknown105
unknown122
unknown123
unknown124
unknown128
unknown133
UNK012
UNK013
UNK054
UNK059
UNK061
UNK123
UNK124
UNK127
UNK134
UNK137
UNK142
UNK147
UNK152
UNK157
UNK033
UNK014
UNK038
UNK060
UNK098
UNK109
UNK120
UNK121
UNK131
UNK132
UNK193
UNK129

Also note that I wanted to have Deities listed on the main page, but I ran out of room. They are used rarely enough that they could probably go on the Misc page/window.

Let me know if you have any questions or other suggestions on this. Or, if this is something that you don't want to do for the tool. I understand that this would be a fairly major undertaking, and wouldn't blame you. Like I said, your tool is already great as it is.

moydock
06-25-2008, 12:48 AM
This would be pretty cool. I think you could get rid of some of the less used ones though to get rid of the clutter.

ChaosSlayer
06-25-2008, 01:05 AM
well if plan to have everything on one page, don't forget haste and deities. (you could have TABS on the top and swith betwen section which would hold related things)

also, if George goes along with this I would STRONGLY recomend that he does not scrap the current editor view, but rather have an "alternative view" button, so people can swith to which ever form is easier for them to work with

trevius
06-25-2008, 01:36 AM
Haste is already on there and I already made a note about deities not being on the main screen.

I do think it would be nice if there was a way to separate some of the sections without making it require too many clicks. The idea is to minimize having to scroll around, open other windows, and the least clicks possible to make changing items as quick as possible.

Most of the fields that are rarely (or never) used could get moved to another page. But, it would be nice to have as many as possible all in 1 screen.

GeorgeS
06-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Wow - I must have missed this post. That's a pretty neat way of showing all the necessary fields!

I can do that in an upcomming version, but I will keep the current single edit one alive for now.

You'de be amazed how many bugs I can introduce with fast changes.
I'll see what I can do.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
06-26-2008, 11:47 PM
aya, if you do this- do not scrap the current view - simply make a DIFFIRENT layout button to open alternative window so we chose between the layouts

trevius
06-27-2008, 04:33 AM
I briefly mentioned it in the first post, but I wanted to note again that it might be easier to read if the text was colored slightly different for each section (all light so they are easy to read still). Most of the rows contain more than 1 "section" in them, so I figured I would break them down the way I imagine they should be here. Probably the best way to do this would be to alternate between 2 colors back and forth. Maybe white and a light grey or something east to read on your background.

Here is what it might look like:

Row 1:

Name
Item Name
Item ID
Item Lore
Lore Group
Artifact
No Drop
No Rent
Attuneable
Magic
Tradeskill Item
Recommended Level
Recommended Skill
Required Level
Classes
Races
Deity
Slots
Armor Class
STR
AGI
DEX
STA
INT
WIS
CHA
Magic Resist
Fire Resist
Cold Resist
Disease Resist
Poison Resist

Row 2:

Hit Points
Hit Point Regen
Mana
Mana Regen
Endurance
Endurance Regen
Attack
Haste
Damage Shield
Damage
Delay
Range
Extra Skill Damage
Extra Damage Amount
Elemental Damage Type
Elemental Damage Amount
Bane Damage Body Type
Bane Damage Amount
Bane Damage Race
Bane Damage Race Amount
Skill Modifier Type
Skill Modifier Value
Bard Skill Modifier Type
Bard Skill Modifier Value

Row 3:

Icon
ID File
Item Class
Item Type
Material
Color
Size
Weight
Light
Stackable
Stack Size
Price
Sell Rate
Bag Size
Bag Slots
Bag Type
Bag Weight Reduction
Book
Book Type
Book Filename
Charm File
Charm File ID
Firiona Vie No Drop
Item Source
Comment

Row 4:

Cast Time Displayed
Cast Time Used
Recast Delay
Recast Type
Maximum Charges
Click Effect
Click Type
Click Level
Click Level2
Proc Effect
Proc Level
Proc Level2
Proc Rate
Proc Type
Worn Effect
Worn Effect Level
Worn Effect Level2
Worn Type
Focus Effect
Focus Effect Level
Focus Level2
Focus Type
Spell Scroll Effect
Spell Scroll Type
Scroll Level
Scroll Level2

Row 5:

Augment Type
Augment Distiller
Augment Restrictions
augslot1type
augslot1unk
augslot2type
augslot2unk
augslot3type
augslot3unk
augslot4type
augslot4unk
augslot5type
augslot5unk

Row 6:

Accuracy
Avoidance
DoT Shielding
Shielding
Spell Shielding
Strikethrough
Stun Resistance
Combat Effects

You could add other color variations in there too if you wanted to make certain things stand out even more. I think breaking it up by color will make reading it faster, which should make changing it faster.

Also, instead of making another window with all of the misc ones that won't fit on the main page, you could just leave your horizontal scroll bar in there like you have on the normal window in the current editor. The one that has all of the fields listed in it.

Thanks for checking this out and huge thanks for deciding to give it a try! I know you already have a ton of work on your plate and you already do so much for this community. I imagine that getting this working will be a fair amount of work, and I feel bad even asking it of you, but I really do think it will help out the tool's usefulness considerably. Some of the server ops I know still use old tools for item editing even though they use yours for everything else. Hopefully this will make a few people who are reluctant to switch over more willing to give it another shot. I am excited about the changes you have done lately and about this one getting done. I know this will make the it much easier for me to make the custom items I am planning to start working on soon.

trevius
06-27-2008, 04:35 AM
I briefly mentioned it in the first post, but I wanted to note again that it might be easier to read if the text was colored slightly different for each section (all light so they are easy to read still). Most of the rows contain more than 1 "section" in them, so I figured I would break them down the way I imagine they should be here. Probably the best way to do this would be to alternate between 2 colors back and forth. Maybe MediumTurquoise and a light grey or something east to read on your background.

Here is what it might look like:

Row 1:

Name
Item Name
Item ID
Item Lore
Lore Group
Artifact
No Drop
No Rent
Attuneable
Magic
Tradeskill Item
Recommended Level
Recommended Skill
Required Level
Classes
Races
Deity
Slots
Armor Class
STR
AGI
DEX
STA
INT
WIS
CHA
Magic Resist
Fire Resist
Cold Resist
Disease Resist
Poison Resist

Row 2:

Hit Points
Hit Point Regen
Mana
Mana Regen
Endurance
Endurance Regen
Attack
Haste
Damage Shield
Damage
Delay
Range
Extra Skill Damage
Extra Damage Amount
Elemental Damage Type
Elemental Damage Amount
Bane Damage Body Type
Bane Damage Amount
Bane Damage Race
Bane Damage Race Amount
Skill Modifier Type
Skill Modifier Value
Bard Skill Modifier Type
Bard Skill Modifier Value

Row 3:

Icon
ID File
Item Class
Item Type
Material
Color
Size
Weight
Light
Stackable
Stack Size
Price
Sell Rate
Bag Size
Bag Slots
Bag Type
Bag Weight Reduction
Book
Book Type
Book Filename
Charm File
Charm File ID
Firiona Vie No Drop
Item Source
Comment

Row 4:

Cast Time Displayed
Cast Time Used
Recast Delay
Recast Type
Maximum Charges
Click Effect
Click Type
Click Level
Click Level2
Proc Effect
Proc Level
Proc Level2
Proc Rate
Proc Type
Worn Effect
Worn Effect Level
Worn Effect Level2
Worn Type
Focus Effect
Focus Effect Level
Focus Level2
Focus Type
Spell Scroll Effect
Spell Scroll Type
Scroll Level
Scroll Level2

Row 5:

Augment Type
Augment Distiller
Augment Restrictions
augslot1type
augslot1unk
augslot2type
augslot2unk
augslot3type
augslot3unk
augslot4type
augslot4unk
augslot5type
augslot5unk

Row 6:

Accuracy
Avoidance
DoT Shielding
Shielding
Spell Shielding
Strikethrough
Stun Resistance
Combat Effects

You could add other color variations in there too if you wanted to make certain things stand out even more. I think breaking it up by color will make reading it faster, which should make changing it faster.

Also, instead of making another window with all of the misc ones that won't fit on the main page, you could just leave your horizontal scroll bar in there like you have on the normal window in the current editor. The one that has all of the fields listed in it.

Thanks for checking this out and huge thanks for deciding to give it a try! I know you already have a ton of work on your plate and you already do so much for this community. I imagine that getting this working will be a fair amount of work, and I feel bad even asking it of you, but I really do think it will help out the tool's usefulness considerably. Some of the server ops I know still use old tools for item editing even though they use yours for everything else. Hopefully this will make a few people who are reluctant to switch over more willing to give it another shot. I am excited about the changes you have done lately and about this one getting done. I know this will make the it much easier for me to make the custom items I am planning to start working on soon.

nosfentora
06-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Alot of space can be saved by using a CheckedListBox
all the classes can be put in one, races in another, deities in another, and actually alot of the YES/NO options can be contained in another.

just my $0.02

nosfentora
06-27-2008, 01:42 PM
The CheckedListBox can also be expanded on enter, and shrunk on leave so that it has more viewable area when it's being used - making it less of a pain to view a large list.

GeorgeS
06-27-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm working on a class which does the expand contract stuff - but thanks for the code in the pm.

So far I've managed to place all the fields on a 1024x768 form, and am now working on making it actually work.

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
06-28-2008, 01:40 AM
Just an update - the new edit item form is 1/2 done. It reads all item data, and displays the info like trevius' form above. The only thing left is to be able to write the data back to the database.

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
06-28-2008, 06:27 PM
I managed to complete about 1/2 of the program edit. So far it will read the items, but save is not begun. So far about 16 hours in and 1/2 way done..

The new edit button is "new edit".

There are likely many issues still with this - and when you consider the complexity of this, I will be spending some time on fixing things.

http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/edit_preview.jpg

The latest version has this included.
GeorgeS

trevius
06-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Wow, I knew this would take a while to do, and sorry about the extra work lol. But, HOLY COW THAT LOOKS AWESOME! I will start testing this immediately!

Thanks a million, GeorgeS!

ChaosSlayer
06-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Impressive

GeorgeS
06-29-2008, 01:05 AM
Ok ran into a problem and need opinions

When one wants to choose a new spell (say for a click item), the program currently tries to load ~12000 spells which takes 40 seconds on my fast pc. Now this may be a problem on slower pc's. I cannot load the spells into memory and leave it there because it takes mucho memory. So my best option is for the user to search (partial name ok) for all matching spells and id's - that way it will only load those in memory and reduce processing time.

Does this sound plausable?

GeorgeS

trevius
06-29-2008, 02:29 AM
Hmm, on the line editor window, it only takes my PC about 3 seconds to load all 12K spells. I have the latest version of the editor, but the new edit doesn't have the spell search in it yet for me to test that. I don't suspect it should take any longer though if it was done the same way.

Maybe a window that doesn't automatically populate all 12K spells would work. Like, if you popped up a window with the option to search by partial name and it would list them. But, also have a button that would just list them all if you wanted to wait for them all to load?

trevius
06-29-2008, 02:52 AM
Here are some notes on the new editor in it's current state and what I think could be adjusted or moved for further enhancement. Keep in mind that I understand that you are only halfway done with it (at least on the version that I have) and I know that you still have many things to do. So, I figure you probably already have some of this in mind to do while working on it, but maybe some of the notes will help:

1. The Deities part could probably be moved to the Race/Class area, since I think that is probably where it fits best as far as organizing it goes.

2. Slots could either go at the top between Icon and Color, or if you made the fonts smaller on the race/class section to shrink that part up a bit, you might be able to make enough room to do a similar check box section (with select all) for slots that includes all 20 slots in it. I didn't realize when I made the photoshop image that I left slots out lol.

3. The select all buttons for race/class currently do an inverse select instead of actually selecting all. This should work ok, but I thought you might want to know in case that wasn't intended.

4. The IDFile could probably be moved to the first section under Color and Icon.

5. If possible, it might be nice to have a Copy Item button like you have on the Line Editor window.

6. You could make the input fields for Recommended Level (and the other req/rec fields) as well as the Accuracy/Avoidance/etc fields. This would mainly be so that the sections don't overlap the row to the right of them. None of those would need very long fields for input anyway.

7. Icon could use an input field unless you plan to make a popup to select an icon from your viewer or something.

That is all I have for now. But as long as you are interested, I will be glad to give more feedback :D

I really like how you set the pull downs so that you can either select one of the pull down options or actually type anything you wish in that field. Very nice!

There are a ton of fields, and keeping them organized to make editing as clear as possible is one of the goals I had in mind for this. For the most part, you have everything right on, and I don't want to sound like I am trying to control how it is done because ultimately the decisions are all up to you. But, if you wanted more feedback, now you got some :) I think this is going to be amazing when it is complete. I am surprised with how complete you already have it! Can't thank you enough for what you do for us, GeorgeS!

moydock
06-29-2008, 09:23 PM
Very pretty, I'll start testing :).

knight1080
06-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Question--where am I supposed to drop the files that come in the .zip?

trevius
06-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Question--where am I supposed to drop the files that come in the .zip?

Where ever you want. I use my c:/unzipped directory, so the item editor is in C:/unzipped/eqitems.

knight1080
06-29-2008, 11:56 PM
Eh, all right. I ask because I unzipped 'em to my server folder, tried to open, and got an error regarding a MySQL connection error, the db.ini which I changed prior, and an inquiry about installing the ODBC drivers. I ran the batch app in the resources folder, but still getting the error.

moydock
06-30-2008, 12:08 AM
Install this and reboot:
http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/ODBC_DRIVERS.ZIP

The file is off George's site, it's ODBC drivers.

knight1080
06-30-2008, 12:17 AM
That did it--thanks a bunch!

GeorgeS
06-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the suggestions - graphic changes will wait. I spent hours on those. Regarding the spell loading, the 12K load in a split second, but putting them in a grid takes a loong time. That's the problem. I have not found a solution for it. I will have to do it by name search I'm afraid.

GeorgeS

trevius
06-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the suggestions - graphic changes will wait. I spent hours on those. Regarding the spell loading, the 12K load in a split second, but putting them in a grid takes a loong time. That's the problem. I have not found a solution for it. I will have to do it by name search I'm afraid.

GeorgeS

Oh, a grid to sort by name or ID by clicking columns? I think you could just do it the way the Line Editor does by loading from a file. Then just sort the file by name before adding it to the zip using excel the way I mentioned in another post. That way, it is easy for people to edit the spells.txt file so that they can have their own custom spells in it. A partial name search would be nice, but it would be good to have both options if possible.

nosfentora
07-01-2008, 10:26 AM
GeorgeS,

I have the all 20k spells loading and displaying in a listview in +/-12s on a P4 3GHz machine. Seems to use about 15mb of memory

Probably not the most efficient way to do things, but it's fairly quick (depending on your point of view). It can be easily modified to allow searching by partial name too.

It could be done at load time so that there's no further waiting later on - or even threaded load so it's kinda invisible, and then you just show / hide the listview as need be.

If OpenFileDialog1.ShowDialog = Windows.Forms.DialogResult.OK Then
Dim r As New IO.StreamReader(OpenFileDialog1.FileName)
ListView1.BeginUpdate()
While Not r.EndOfStream
Dim s() As String = Split(r.ReadLine, "^")
Dim lv As New ListViewItem(s(0))
lv.SubItems.Add(New ListViewItem.ListViewSubItem(lv, s(1)))
ListView1.Items.Add(lv)
System.Windows.Forms.Application.DoEvents()
End While
ListView1.EndUpdate()
r.Close()
r.Dispose()
r = Nothing
GC.Collect()
End If

GeorgeS
07-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Excellent - a breakthru - Now the entire spellset loads in like 5 sec.!!!

Did a iterative run thru every statement and found which one took the longest to run. The additem equivalent of the grid was taking about 50ms per loop or so. Now it's down in the high uSec range! Go figure - a simple statement nearly broke this.

Ok, so the program is again moving fwd... progress is good.

nosfentora - thnxs for the code

GeorgeS

Update as of Jul 1th
Spell lists are completed. Sorting by id/name ok and works
The program now allows the adding of custom spells effects to click items
A copy current item button added, and the code works for it!!
Next is the code to save the entire dataset- may take a few days.. this is the last thing to do

nosfentora
07-01-2008, 01:48 PM
No problem - hope it helps!

Cheers!

GeorgeS
07-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Update as of Jul 3th
Managed to finish the save items, and also have the copy item working.
Also done is color editing within the new edit context.
Done also is the clicky items spell selection and verified they work

I'm going over the code and checking it in the db for errors. Plenty found and fixed, but imagine a few days left to fix the rest.

People always want to make clicky items, and with this tool, it takes some of the guesswork out by prefilling some fields so they work.

I'm pretty impressed that it was not so bad. Probably 2 weeks of total work.

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
07-07-2008, 12:37 PM
July 7th update.

Completed the entire project. Now just verifying the save item works correctly.

In now is icon selection (integration of my icon view tool) and item color editing.

GeorgeS

Cflows
07-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Can someone point me to where I can find the newest version of this item editor? Excited to try it out!

GeorgeS
07-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Get current version from my site. I had a flakey wireless switch and it was dropping connections and my site was not appearing on your browser. It appears to work ok now, but I ready to replace it.

GeorgeS

unknownhost
11-11-2008, 10:56 PM
ohboyohboyohboy.

how did i miss this?!!?

been using (and loving!) your old version of this editor( 13.5.9 ) and wow this new one sounds even more amazing! thank you so much maestro. you are the man!

submaysense
09-18-2010, 01:46 AM
dear trevius,
where can i find this_trevius's large revamp on the single item edit portion of GeorgeS' Item Editor?

really like it edit page look,

it's part of GeorgeS' Item Editor tools or it's just an Single program can be use as an exe?

thanks~

GeorgeS
09-18-2010, 12:29 PM
That's been integrated for quite some time now - and you downloaded that already. However, in your other post, it appears you have not only the wrong database, but also the graphic driver shows the screen layout incorrectly. I would examine the driver issue seriously, or replace with a newer video card.

Download a newer version of the database on the main page - or else your incompatibility issues will never be solved.

Thanks
GeorgeS

submaysense
09-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks GeorgeS recommand,
where the link on main pages "Download a newer version of the database on the main page" ?Wiki or Useful Lists link?
and what films should i dowload for fix?

trevius
01-14-2011, 08:51 AM
GeorgeS,

If you get time, can you add Power Source as a slot for the new item editor window in the dropdown for selecting wear slots? If you have any questions on it, let me know.

Thanks as always for all you do!