Ariak
06-28-2002, 07:39 AM
K

somedude
07-03-2002, 05:44 PM
*cough VEX THAL cough*

Ariak
07-04-2002, 06:32 AM
Not like either of you have been there, so what does spelling it incorrectly or not matter?

:P

somedude
07-05-2002, 10:54 AM
Ariak... stop lieing.. I have a 60 mage.. ty very much.. on EQLIVE

wurmslayer2k
07-05-2002, 12:02 PM
Lmfao!!

mudman
07-05-2002, 12:44 PM
i could have guilded with an uber guild with a couple nice epic several level 60 epic accounts I had, specially being a cleric but I could not find an "Uber" guild that was cool on Ayonae Ro.

Did not feel like taking orders from snotty 14 year year old guild leaders with no life.

I offered just to bring my cleric to help on raids and not ask for loot the last guild told me... "sorry we need people that are on 24/7..." THIS IS JUST WRONG. I paid my dues, im not going to be a slave for AA points or more "keys".

Well I was on 24/7 for 1.5 years. I mean from the minute I woke up to the time I went to sleep. This is not too easy to do as we all know, unless you want to live in a closet for the rest of your life its nearly impossible to keep it up for more than a year.

So now its ! hi ho hi ho its off to try to save my life I go. Anyone wanna hire a retired EQ player with MBA I swear I quit EQ live I will show up for work ! no really Im done!

Honestly if there was a way to get to Vex Thal by playing my cleric once or twice a week from now on I would have stayed. But this is not reality. Hard to leave EQ live but thats the way it had to be I quess.

M.

-text added-

I have yet to see an uber guild that wasn't a bunch of ass-holes, and control maniacs, fanatical EQ freaks that think people should not feed thier baby, eat, sleep or go to work the next day if some triggered spawn is eminent, or if some uber mob they have killed 57 times like AOW happens to be up again, im sure its out there but not on my old server Ayonae Ro. Fuck em !

-text added-
Seems I got off the thread subject. and now for something completely different ITS !!!! {naked man on a pianno}.... da dat dat daaa ,.. dan dan dat dat, dun dun dun .. dat dat dat TA ! DA dA DA DA DUnnna Dunn dunn dun{large foot} Splaaaaat

Kolo
07-05-2002, 03:59 PM
Do you visit a strange man in a white coat every weekend?
Does he ask you to lay down on his half chair/half couch and ask you questions about your childhood?

Do you like rubber bands and super bounce balls?

:P

wurmslayer2k
07-05-2002, 04:17 PM
I like rubber bands.... :(

Kolo
07-05-2002, 04:55 PM
Perhaps it's a question to point out that we all may be a little nuts at times...

besides I'm a super bounce ball fiend myself....not to mention a 2-dozen year old that just hard earned spent money on "Legos

wurmslayer2k
07-05-2002, 05:49 PM
I like the word koosh too :) Those things comfort me when the aliens come...

Ariak
07-06-2002, 02:09 PM
Getting into an EQ guild (I was 60, so I am not a n00ber) is a joke.

It is like getting into Congress.

1) Need a recommendation.
2) Need to know people.
3) Need cash (Items)
4) Need to get a 2/3 guild vote
5) Need to get a trial period.

ETC..

mudman
07-06-2002, 02:27 PM
ya but try getting through the trail period if you miss a couple raids heh , they are looking for slaves, unless you have a RL friend not a good idea to try for the top guild on the server if you arnt ready to go 24/7

Ariak
07-06-2002, 03:53 PM

mudman
07-06-2002, 05:51 PM
not sure really, just seemed the upper guilds on my old server were like that. i really wish had gotten luckier in that respect. /shrug.

07-06-2002, 07:07 PM
has any RL company or establishment gotten to the top sitting on there ass or not putting everything they have into it?

there may be a few, consider those lucky.. you get what you put in. weather it be a game, job, hobby, or anything else you might do.

Ariak
07-07-2002, 04:37 AM
Having a Fortune 500

Ariak
07-07-2002, 05:09 AM
Way Off Topic :(

mudman
07-07-2002, 09:54 AM
its really not that hard to play EQ, I dont think its comparable with building a Fortune 500, and it doesnt require the time that many think it does to accomplish things. Example, I did my cleric epic in under two weeks. It was a piece of cake. I think its just as hard for an Uber guild to kill say AOW as a minor guild to kill say Vendril Satir. Its really not harder at the top and should not require more time. Also, most people in RL actually work harder and longer at the lower paying jobs then people in the upper paying jobs.

Big Uber guilds really dont impress me and I think they arn't filled with the best players often. Just players who have been well equipped over time and have been on the same raids more. One of my friends was a level 30 bard, he had limited time in the game and shit gear but he used to multicharm mobs in rath mountains and put them all against each other. IMHO he was better than many players with years under thier belt.

Actually the game gets easier at the higher levels, think how hard it was just to get around in the first months. Yes, timing becomes more critical and thier are more things to do but really EQ is a RP game it never was made to be a heavy skill thing.

Thats why I dont think it is realistic to expect people to have to come to every raid, even if they have RL things to attend to.

M.

somedude
07-07-2002, 04:35 PM
Well I had a rl friend in my guild so... I didnt have to attend the raids as much.. but most guilds require you too be on the majority of the time and some even call you to tell ya a mob is up (example Legacy of Steel, nameless server)

Kolo
07-08-2002, 07:54 PM
Guess that did look a little wierd with the trademarks :P

Meant it for the post....not all the stuff that I mentioned in that post...feel free to ignore that if you like :) please

Got carried away with the "T"