PDA

View Full Version : auto idle logout

opyrus
07-07-2008, 10:55 PM
some one should put in a auto logout if idle for like 20-30mins help with the ghosting.

trevius
07-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Or, you could just run your server on Linux! There are no player ghosts on Linux. I imagine there is something wrong with the windows build, or how the server talks with windows that works differently than how it does on Linux and that is what is causing the ghosts.

If you did want an auto-logout feature, I imagine it wouldn't be too hard if you just use this opcode:

0x6a5f - Comes in after not moving the mouse for exactly 15 minutes. And comes in again as soon as the mouse is moved again - Toggle Auto-AFK?

That is an opcode I found while searching for opcodes. I was thinking we could use it to make an auto AFK feature. But, I imagine you could use it to automatically log players off after 15 minutes of no activity. Though, I think most players would find this annoying. Especially players who box multiple chars at once.

One option that I used while I was still running my server on Windows was to use a quest that resets zones every few hours to remove all ghosts.

Here is a link to the post and the quest I made for doing this if you are interested:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24871

But, by far the best solution right now is to just run a Linux server instead of windows. Though, if someone was able to figure out why ghosts weren't an issue on Linux and still were on Windows, and fix THAT problem, it would be amazing. By far, player ghosts are the biggest issue on Windows servers IMO.

opyrus
07-08-2008, 01:14 PM
i had planed to move everything over to linux i just havent had the time to.

opyrus
07-13-2008, 05:06 AM
i migrated the server to linux every thing runs way better now i dont think eqemu likes vista or maybe even just windows all togeather.

Cripp
07-13-2008, 01:18 PM
i dont think eqemu likes vista or maybe even just windows all togeather.
especially! vista, I would think. hehe