PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at character select

qwicfingers
07-09-2008, 10:28 PM
At server select the server shows as locked, but I can still get to character select and create a character. However when I try to log in I'm getting zone unavailable and the logs show "Unknown launcher 'zone' connected." Yes I know "tons" of people have posted about this and I've tried everything that was suggested for them...

it doesn't look like ./eqlaunch is doing anything.

[WORLD__LAUNCH] Unknown launcher 'zone' connected. Disconnecting.
[WORLD__LAUNCH] Removing pending launcher 5. Adding zone to active list.
[WORLD__LAUNCH] Removing launcher zone (5)
[WORLD__CLIENT] usr: Attempting autobootup of rathemtn (50)
[WORLD__CLIENT_ERR] usr: No zoneserver available to boot up.

I followed the Installing EQEmu on Debian Linux guide using EQEmu-0.7.0-1118 and the peq-ykesha-release database.

Start up:

#!/bin/sh

#ulimit -c 99999999

rm -f .zone_shutdown
rm -f .world_shutdown

set -x

LNAME="zone" #launcher name
if [ "$1" = "test" ]; then
LNAME="test"
fi

P=`pwd`
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$P"

#make sure we have a place to log
mkdir -p logs 2>&1 > /dev/null

#clear out old logs, if both are stopped
if [ ! -e .lock-zones -a ! -e .lock-world ] ; then
for f in logs/eqemu_*.log
do
if [ "$f" = "logs/eqemu_commands_zone.log" ]; then
continue;
fi

rm -f $f
done
fi

#boot up world
if [ ! -e .lock-world ] ; then
touch .lock-world
# ./world 2>&1 > logs/world &
./persist_world 2>&1 > logs/world &
# wait for shared memory to load
sleep 15
fi

#start up the official launcher
if [ ! -e .lock-launcher ]; then
touch .lock-launcher
./eqlaunch $LNAME 2>&1 > logs/launcher &
fi

Persist World:

#!/bin/sh

#ulimit -c 99999999

while true
do
./world "$@"
if [ -r ".world_shutdown" ]; then
exit 0
fi

echo `date` "World crashed." >>crashlog
sleep 2
done

I've tried

with and without ZSPassword/key
updating the db from the source change log
and a few other things I found in the forums which aren't coming to mind...

Any help with be greatly appreciated.

trevius
07-10-2008, 12:57 AM
Make sure the name of the launcher in your launcher table is called "zone" and not "zones" or something else. Or, you could change the script to reflect whatever it is set to in the table. Either way. If you are using the AX database on your server, I think it calls the launcher "zones", but PEQ calls it "zone" and that is where that start script is from.

opyrus
07-10-2008, 03:59 AM
i had a simaler thing happen that was fixed by changing banned_ips table to Banned_IPs in the database not sure if that will help but it might. it seems like your trying to open ./eqlaunch when you should have saved the startup script to something like start and did cd (serverdir) ./start. you should have saved 3 scripts , start, stop , persist_world as txt files. Note running the script wont pop up any terminal windows like in windows they run in the backround.

trevius
07-10-2008, 05:29 AM
On a related note, if you wanted to see the logs of your server starting in real-time, you can run a tail on your logs so you can watch them like in windows instead of having to go look at every separate log file.

To do that, you would just go to your logs directory and type:

tail -f *.*

or, from your server directory, you should be able to use:

/home/eqemu/server/logs/tail -f *.*

You can already have it filter out anything you want by using Greps. So, if you do this:

/home/eqemu/server/logs/tail -f *.* | grep ERR

It should show only errors in real-time. Pretty handy to have when you are troubleshooting in Linux IMO.

qwicfingers
07-10-2008, 09:02 AM
The DB and the script match with the name zone.

Banned_IPs was already in there in this format.

I am running the script as ./start I just posted it, because I didn't know if there were any issues with it.

I run the script in a ssh terminal as the server is not the PC I'm running the client on.

When I say "it doesn't look like ./eqlaunch is doing anything." I'm deriving this from the world logs and the fact that no zone logs are created. It should be launched by the script. I'm sorry if I was unclear.

Could it be something to do with the server stating it's locked at the server select? Does anyone know of any issues that would cause this?

I agree rt logs help I will give the flags a try.

I've tried chmod 777 the dir to make sure there weren't any permission problems. what else...

trevius
07-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Check your config file to see if it is set to be locked. If your account isn't a GM on your server (250 account status works fine for me), locking it won't allow non-GM accounts to log on.

qwicfingers
07-10-2008, 07:20 PM
My account is set to 250 and the config is set to unlocked.

I figured out that if I open another console and type ./zone it starts one zone and I can log in. Something to do with ./eqlaunch is causing the issue... not sure what.

opyrus
07-10-2008, 09:21 PM
did eqlaunch build normaly? maybe try a rebuild?

Aramid
07-10-2008, 11:00 PM
My account is set to 250 and the config is set to unlocked.

I figured out that if I open another console and type ./zone it starts one zone and I can log in. Something to do with ./eqlaunch is causing the issue... not sure what.

when you ./eqlaunch, are you giving it the zone launcher name?
ie: ./eqlaunch zone or whatever yours is set to?

I just use the one from the wiki for the debian setup to start it all.

#!/bin/sh

#ulimit -c 99999999

rm -f .zone_shutdown
rm -f .world_shutdown

set -x

LNAME="zone" #launcher name
if [ "$1" = "test" ]; then
LNAME="test"
fi

P=`pwd`
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$P"

#make sure we have a place to log
mkdir -p logs 2>&1 > /dev/null

#clear out old logs, if both are stopped
if [ ! -e .lock-zones -a ! -e .lock-world ] ; then
for f in logs/eqemu_*.log
do
if [ "$f" = "logs/eqemu_commands_zone.log" ]; then
continue;
fi

rm -f $f
done
fi

#boot up world
if [ ! -e .lock-world ] ; then
touch .lock-world
# ./world 2>&1 > logs/world &
./persist_world 2>&1 > logs/world &
# wait for shared memory to load
sleep 15
fi

#start up the official launcher
if [ ! -e .lock-launcher ]; then
touch .lock-launcher
./eqlaunch $LNAME 2>&1 > logs/launcher &
fi

qwicfingers
07-11-2008, 12:57 PM
I am trying to use the start/persist script from the Debian wiki which runs ./eqlaunch zone

qwicfingers
07-11-2008, 01:27 PM
recompiling eqlaunch didn't help.

I can get the server to start by running ./start and then ./zone 7000 && ./zone 7001

Aramid
07-11-2008, 02:32 PM
recompiling eqlaunch didn't help.

I can get the server to start by running ./start and then ./zone 7000 && ./zone 7001

In the eqemu_config.xml file are the zone low and high numbers set?

qwicfingers
07-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Yes 7000 and 7100

Aramid
07-11-2008, 07:14 PM
I am guilty of not READING the entire message that you 1st posted, but look at your error here from your 1st post:

[WORLD__LAUNCH] Unknown launcher 'zone' connected. Disconnecting.
[WORLD__LAUNCH] Removing pending launcher 5. Adding zone to active list.
[WORLD__LAUNCH] Removing launcher zone (5)
[WORLD__CLIENT] usr: Attempting autobootup of rathemtn (50)
[WORLD__CLIENT_ERR] usr: No zoneserver available to boot up.

The first line is saying Unknown launcher 'zone' connected. Check again under the launcher table that it says zone and not zones or something else. Mine is zones and I didn't change the name, it's the way it came.

trevius
07-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Make sure the name of the launcher in your launcher table is called "zone" and not "zones" or something else. Or, you could change the script to reflect whatever it is set to in the table. Either way. If you are using the AX database on your server, I think it calls the launcher "zones", but PEQ calls it "zone" and that is where that start script is from.

He should have already checked that if he read my note from earlier in this post lol.

Aramid
07-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Trevius:
He should have already checked that if he read my note from earlier in this post lol.
I know, it's why I said Check Again! It says right there, unknown launcher, 'zone' , so either it can't access the database, which it can because when he enters ./zone 7000, it loads up, so I'm guessing that it is either spelled with a CAP in the Database (Zone) or it's zones or another name.

qwicfingers
07-12-2008, 12:28 PM
The zone table is called 'zone' no "s" or capitals. Ran a search for zones on the db and the only 'zones' in the whole DB are in the name of the `launcher_zones` and `start_zones` tables.

qwicfingers
07-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Ok this is frustrating now it works, but with all the tinkering I don't know why... :mad: Oh well at least it's running.

Aramid
07-13-2008, 12:12 AM
The zone table is called 'zone' no "s" or capitals. Ran a search for zones on the db and the only 'zones' in the whole DB are in the name of the `launcher_zones` and `start_zones` tables.

Those are the Tables you were supposed to be looking in, the launcher and launcher_zones tables. launcher contains the name of your launcher and the # of dynamic zones to start with. launcher_zones contain the name of your launcher and the names of the zones you want to start statically everytime the server boots up.

The zone table itself, is a list of the zones on your server, not the name of the launcher. :p

qwicfingers
07-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Ahh well the launcher table zone was "zone" too and launcher_zones is empty... anyways it works for whatever reason. Thanks for the help