PDA

View Full Version : Bug Fix: Pet HP Bar out-of-combat update

Derision
07-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Here is another pet related fix. I noticed that my pet's HP bar (in the Pet Info box) wasn't updating out-of-combat, although his HP were regenerating when queried with /pet report health.

My fix was to change npc.cpp:575,

if (sendhpupdate_timer.Check() && IsTargeted()) {

To:

if (sendhpupdate_timer.Check() && (IsTargeted() || (IsPet() && GetOwner() && GetOwner()->IsClient()))) {

trevius
07-15-2008, 03:39 PM
I will add this and your other fix to my server tonight and post if I have any issues or if they work perfectly. Thanks for all of the fixes! I love seeing things like this getting knocked out. Just 1 more step towards a better Emu :D

Derision
07-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks for all of the fixes! I love seeing things like this getting knocked out.

You're welcome. I haven't actually 'played' EQEmu for about a year, so I thought I would start a level 1 necro and level up normally and fix anything I found was broken (and relatively easy to fix) along the way.

I searched but couldn't find any mention of this particular bug before which I thought was strange as I noticed it soon after getting my pet. Maybe it was introduced recently, or people just learned to live with it. I only tested with a necro, but I assume it occurs for all pet classes.

cavedude
07-15-2008, 04:21 PM
For me, this was one of those bugs you've gotten so accustomed to with EQEmu that it's ignored. Thank you for the fix, it's going in TGC with tomorrow's reboot!

MNWatchdog
07-25-2008, 01:53 AM
Does this update the pets health to others members in the group too?

Derision
07-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Does this update the pets health to others members in the group too?

No, this fix was only to send the pets health to the owner when out of combat.