PDA

View Full Version : Get your starter DB here.

spellcaster
06-29-2002, 10:36 PM
This database is a mix of peoples contributions, it has population, some items, mobs will drop some loot.

For all of you new like me, this DB is probably a good place to start as others I found were missing items, or they didnt work right, or missing the EQMessages table. This certainly works for me.

Hope you like it!

Get your starterDB here! (http://www.xcalibur.co.uk/starterdb.zip) -- (Size 1mb when zipped only has about 3500 items, but thats the best Ive gotten so far for 334)

Ariak
06-30-2002, 10:00 AM
I opened it up. It looks like a bunch of mumbo-jumbo.

It is spaced oddly.. Nothing looks right.

jbone
06-30-2002, 08:42 PM
This worked fine for me! :)

spellcaster
07-01-2002, 01:57 AM
I opened it up. It looks like a bunch of mumbo-jumbo.

It is spaced oddly.. Nothing looks right.

The files in UNIX format, so it might look odd under windows, but loaded into mysql should be fine.

Ariak
07-01-2002, 05:19 AM
Ahhh

Steppuppy
07-01-2002, 05:25 AM
I loaded the db into mysql and then opened eqadmin to look at the items andnoticed that just about all the items have some screwed up stats that make no sense. Am I the only one seeing this?

spellcaster
07-03-2002, 07:13 PM
EQadmin hasnt been updated to the 3.4 item format yet

TheDreamX
07-06-2002, 07:24 AM
I have server version 0.3.4 and I have yet to find a WORKING database. In order to make the default database work, I had to add an EQMessages table (I still have small errors in-game, but atleast I can get to the game). This database as well as Lurker's, Jay's, and the MSH-DB release do NOT work. I don't know how you people are getting them to, but I have tried all sorts of server changes, operating systems, and databases. Can someone help me????

BTW: The errors I am ALWAYS getting are "Unkown packets sent" and "AddToNPC" or "AddToLoot" errors.

Lurker_005
07-06-2002, 11:49 AM
Unknown packets is because 3.4 really wasn't finished... see the news posts if you really want to know more.

The addtonpc and loot errors are due to a problem in my original item converter, and original 3.4 DB. My latest DB works as well as any, it has a -2 at the end of the file name. I havn't been checking out anyother DB's so I can't comment there.

DuDeMaN
07-13-2002, 12:48 PM
errr nm, ;)

Craven Morehead
07-14-2002, 03:50 PM
I downloaded this db, now what do I do with it? I mean how do I import it to MySQL?

ednecro
07-15-2002, 04:02 AM
Once again lurker YOU ARE THE S%$T man. What a bad a$$! I would swear I was playing on verants server.
Played my druid up to 19 this weekend and my eyes hurt...

I would recommend this for all newbies.

And for the benefit of the last guys question
put the lurker.sql file on your mysql\bin
directory, then open mysql.exe
type the following.
***Edit***
Dont forget to drop your old eq database in
mysqladmin.exe and recreate a new blank eq database. I think there is command you can use inside the mysql.exe but I forgot the syntax.
***Edit***

use eq;
source lurker.sql;

Do not close the window until it is done.
Next go to the eqemu directory and flag your login.

world.exe flag eqemu 200

then your done.
Happy gaming.:D