PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on Debian Install Guide

Jack Daniel
07-27-2008, 03:21 PM
Yes I am new to linux and I am using this guid

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=DebianLinuxServer

Two things so far I need after downloading the two map files what directory do I put them in.

Next about Mysql which one of the .sql filename?

is it for the ls command the file named peqdb_1119a.sql.gz sorry im cornfused

Source the Database

Once the files are in the right place, open a terminal window and type:
cd /home/eqemu/server/database
ls
mysql -u root -p

Then type in your root password for mysql when prompted

once you get the "mysql>" prompt, you are ready to setup and source your database. Type the following:
create database databasename;

You can set the "databasename" to whatever you want to call your database. I named mine after my server name. Then type:
use databasename
source databasefilename.sql

The databasefilename.sql is the filename that should appear from the "ls" command you issued above. This is the database file that you moved into this directory. PEQ and AX have more than 1 database files that are required to be sourced, but if you are using a backup of your own database, you will only need to source 1 file. Sourcing times will vary depending on the stats of your server and the size of the database. Some can take quite a while!

trevius
07-27-2008, 06:13 PM
You are pretty close. You need to have your .map files installed into your /home/eqemu/server/maps directory. Make sure that you are unzipping the files if you are downloading them in a zip or gz format. You should have a couple hundred files in that directory once they are all unzipped.

And, yes, you need to download the peqdb_1119a.sql.gz file and save it in your /home/eqemu/server/database directory. That is a zipped file, so you need to unzip it. I think you can run a command like:

tar peqdb_1119a.sql.gz

Or something like that to unzip the file. Then, run the "ls" command again and you should see some files that end in .sql without the .gz on the end. There should be 1 or maybe 2 files.

From that point, you just follow the instructions and do mysql -u root and login. Then you need to create your database if you haven't done that yet. Then type "use databasename" and it will tell you it is using the database that you just created. Then all you need to do is type "source peqdbxxxxx.sql" or whatever those .sql file names were that you saw when you did the LS command.

Jack Daniel
07-27-2008, 06:16 PM
thx for your reqly i will start that now

Jack Daniel
07-27-2008, 06:29 PM
These are all the .sql files that the ls command produced so do source them all

server:/home/eqemu# cd ~eqemu/server/database
server:/home/eqemu/server/database# ls
aa_timers.sql drop_system.sql object_contents.sql
account.sql eventlog.sql peqdb_1119a.sql.gz
Banned_IPs.sql faction_values.sql petitions.sql
botinventory.sql guild_members.sql player_corpses_backup.sql
botleader.sql guild_ranks.sql player_corpses.sql
bot_npcs.bat guild_relations.sql quest_globals.sql
bot_npcs.sh guilds.sql rule_sets.sql
botsowners.sql hackers.sql rule_values.sql
character_backup.sql inventory.sql sharedbank.sql
character_.sql launcher.sql timers.sql
commands.sql launcher_zones.sql variables.sql
CVS load_player.sql zone_flags.sql
drop_player.sql name_filter.sql

trevius
07-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Hmm, that looks more like your separate tables than the full package. Last time I sourced PEQ it was only 2 files. And, I thought that Cavedude had mentioned that he was thinking of making it all in just 1 file, but I could be wrong about that.

Really, Cavedude or someone who has installed a PEQ DB recently would be better for answering that. I wasn't expecting to see all of those tables to source. Maybe you got the wrong file?

AndMetal
07-29-2008, 12:26 AM
If you're starting from scratch, you will need to source load_player.sql (http://peq.cvs.sourceforge.net/peq/peq_db/load_player.sql?view=markup) first. It basically loads all of the other .sql files, which correspond to individual tables, into the database, except for the peqdb_xxxxx.sql.gz file, which is all of the non-player info. You can do this one of 2 ways:

mysql -u root -pPASSWORD DATABASENAME
source /home/eqemu/server/database/load_player.sql;
exit

Or, you can do it all on 1 line:
mysql -u root -pPASSWORD DATABASENAME < /home/eqemu/server/database/load_player.sql

However, if you use the second option, you don't really get any info about errors. Once you've done that, you can load the rest of the database from the Gzipped file. First, you'll need to Gunzip it:

cd /home/eqemu/server/database
gunzip peqdb_1119a.sql.gz

That will extract it as peqdb_1119a.sql. Once that's done, just do the same thing as load_player.sql, except use peqdb_1119a.sql instead of load_player.sql. Then, your database should be all loaded. Going forward, if you need to update the database, you just need to source the peqdb file instead of running the load_players file.

Hope this helps.

Jack Daniel
07-29-2008, 02:09 PM
ok when setting up the server directory from

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=DebianLinuxServer

I run the commands
~/server$ ln -s ../source/EQEmu-0.7.0-1119/utils/cleanipc
~/server$ ln -s ../source/EQEmu-0.7.0-1119/eqlaunch/eqlaunch
~/server$ ln -s ../source/EQEmu-0.7.0-1119/zone/zone

and in the Debian GUI files /home/eqemu/server the icons show a broken sysmble and when i go to open the those files in GUI saids The Link "cleanipc" is Broken. Move it to Trash?

sorry im noob to installing the emulator

Jack Daniel
07-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Disregaurd my last post i got it to compile correctly yeah now moving on hehe