PDA

View Full Version : Simple Gui Launcher

jimm0thy
08-01-2008, 10:07 PM
I noticed that this idea seems to have sprung up before a couple of times , however I was unable to find any for download. So I decided to write one myself. It is very simple and only handles launching , rebooting (manually) , and shutting down the server.

After reading the below info, if you feel it is something you would like to use then please feel free to do so.

-------------------------------------
EQEmuGUI v.1 by Jimm0thy
--------------------------------------

I wanted to make a simple GUI interface for launching the server , mainly so that there would only be one window open. And thats exactly what this little program does.

Here is a list of some things the program will do and wont do , in no particular order.

1) You are able to specify if you are using 'zone' or 'zones' in your
database for proper running of eqlaunch

2) You are able to specify if you are using minilogin or not

3) You are able to reboot the server - this takes place as soon as you hit
the 'reboot' button , in
future releases I would like to add in some sort of time system for
delayed reboots

4) You CAN NOT see any output of world.exe , eqlaunch.exe , minilogin.exe - I originally was trying to allow this feature, however ran into a few problems with it. Most noteably the fact that trying to display the data froze this program , and simply catching the data so it could be displayed would not allow World.exe to function properly. - This will be looked into as it is a feature I would like to have. (I feel however that for those people with a working server this should not be much of an issue.)

5) You CAN NOT broadcast , edit , or manipulate anything - it is simply a GUI launcher.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Download Link

http://rapidshare.com/files/134209046/eqemuGUI.rar.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------

rojadruid
08-02-2008, 03:11 PM
What is the memory fingerprint on this program?

jimm0thy
08-02-2008, 05:49 PM
With its completely unoptomized code it sits around 3,500k plus the server files of course.

GeorgeS
08-02-2008, 11:41 PM
tested and it works fine. Not seeing the world/zone output can be be a blessing. Good work!

GeorgeS

jimm0thy
08-03-2008, 12:52 AM
tested and it works fine. Not seeing the world/zone output can be be a blessing. Good work!

GeorgeS

Thanks. Id still like to have the option to display the output in the events of server errors and the like , but am still running into the same issue. I can have it display the first line of output fine , however if I tell it to display all of the output the program locks up. I believe this is do to it waiting for the initial (we'll use world here) program to end before displaying its output, but with it not ending of course its causing a lock up.

This is being done in visual basic.net , as Im not very familiar w/ C++

jimm0thy
08-03-2008, 08:52 PM
I have output viewing partically working and hopefully will be in the next big update as an option to view it or not.