PDA

View Full Version : non-legit npc leveler

hayward6
08-02-2008, 08:05 AM
This is how i'm going to allow people to level on my server. I'm trying to pull back some of the commands they have access to, but I want them to have the ability to get a good head start. I'm not sure I like setting all skills at once... some should be earned, like fishing :) I'll probably tweak it more, but I thought someone might like it. If you're under 65 he will ask you if you want help, and if you're 65 he will just talk to you about your progress. I'll be adding some special quests this weekend and he'll be the starter. This has been good practice.

#
#Quest Name: Enlightenment
#Author: Sayin of Freedom
#

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if(($text=~/hail/i)&&($ulevel<= 64))
{
quest::say ("Hey there, $name. Looks like your trainer sent you to see me, but didn't prepare you very well... no matter, I can [help]");
}
if(($text=~/hail/i)&&($ulevel>= 65))
{
quest::say ("I've been watching your progress... quite impressive. I should have some work for you in a few days, check back with me later.");
}
if(($text=~/help/i)&&($ulevel<= 64))
{
quest::say ("My power in this world is unlimited! Simply ask me to [touch] you, and you will be enlightened.");
}
if(($text=~/touch/i)&&($ulevel<= 64))
{
$client->Message(6, "Your body begins to glow with energy as you are lifted from the ground.");
quest::level(65);
quest::setallskill(252);
quest::scribespells();
quest::say ("There, it's done. You might check the merchant behind me for armor and weapons. I have asked them to waive the charges.");
}

}

Skizoke
10-08-2008, 01:11 AM
I think I will use a modified version of this. I plan on making folks level to 70 or 75 or whatever the first time normally, but once they have a character max level on that account I will probably make it easier for future characters.

Thanks.