PDA

View Full Version : EQLiveSniffer v1.0 [unreleased]

Optix
08-03-2008, 09:16 PM
This is pretty much just a placeholder until I release the code (should be next 1-2 weeks, sooner if I get enough time.) The reason I brought this post up is to get ideas from the community as I'm building this project. I already have an MQ2 plugin that sniffs out opcodes on live, as well as the data structures. Instead of releasing this, I am working on an executable packet sniffer with a GUI that's easy to read and easy to configure. Because I already have the basic code structure, it's really just updating the code at this point to be a program instead of a plugin addon for MQ2.

Being worked on:
-GUI
-Ability to filter out certain opcodes
-Ability to update names so instead of spitting out opcode (0x24C5) it will spit out name (opSKILL)
-Updating to help identify structure variables..

Instead of..
C5 24 15 01 00 00

It will read..
WORD unk0x1
DWORD unk0x2

-INI driven configuration for easy updating
-Various packet altering tools for testing
-Ability to identify TargetID, SpawnID, and other commonly used variables in the structure and auto update them when spitting out structure
-Adding my auto offset updater code (works by reading signature scans on live memory) to the code so it does not need to be updated every patch

Please leave your ideas, and if I like them then they will be added to a list of what is being worked on.

Optix
08-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Also, please not that when I say "various packet altering tools for testing." I do not mean I am giving anyone the ability to send packets, because that is something I am never going to release to the public. I am working on a system that will let you play around with the packets for testing but still unsure of exactly how I'm going to do this without giving the public the opportunity to abuse this power and use it to make cheats that should not be made (e.g GK/MB) on EQ Live.

trevius
08-03-2008, 11:26 PM
I can't wait to give this a try. If it works as well as it sounds, then I am sure this will help out the community a ton. Thanks! This is definitely a tool to keep an eye on :D

So_1337
08-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Missing op codes are the core cause of much missing functionality. To have an easy way to find them and plug them in would bring so much more to the project, as Derision has shown lately with his submissions.

Thanks for your work on this, it sounds like you might even simplify it enough that a dummy like myself could figure it out =)

orkim
09-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Is there any update to be had on this? Interesting for sure!

bushman77
09-26-2008, 12:27 AM
what else can i say?