PDA

View Full Version : PVP Toggler

trevius
08-05-2008, 04:53 AM
This quest is pretty straight forward and simple. But, I figured some people might like to have it if they ever run PVP events on their server. I know it is a pain for players that accidentally get left in PVP mode, so this quest takes care of that.

#pvp Toggler

sub EVENT_SAY {

if($text=~/hail/i) {
quest::say("I can change your Player vs. Player status if you wish. Just ask if you would like it set to [on] or [off]. I will fill out all of the formal paperwork for you to change your registration in the PVP events."); }

if ($text =~/^on$/i) {
quest::say ("You are now set for Player vs. Player combat! Beware of anyone who may like to see you dead!");
quest::pvp(on);
$client->Message(15, "Your PVP Flag has been enabled!"); }

if ($text =~/^off$/i) {
quest::say ("You are no longer set for Player vs. Player combat. You can let your guard down.");
$client->SetPVP(0);
$client->Message(15, "Your PVP Flag has been disabled."); }

}

Neiv
08-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Thanks Trevius,

I will actually use this in a modified form on my own server. Any particular reason you used quest::pvp to turn it on but $client->SetPVP to turn it off?

trevius
08-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Because quest::PVP(off) doesn't work lol. Though, it could be set to use the other way for both.

Neiv
08-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Lol; well that explains why my script breaks at that point. I will change it to the object instead.