PDA

View Full Version : Question about connecting my server on LAN

Demdadar
08-19-2008, 07:54 AM
Hello all.

First of all sorry if this is already posted or awnsered somewhere else, but in the 1st place i'm really bad with computers and 2nd my english isn't very good, so I might need some "clear" instructions to understand :)

Apparently, I have got a server running (Finally, with no errors) in my other PC. Now I would like to know how to connect to it from this PC. I have tried changing the IP of the eqhost file and matching it with the other PC's IP (where it's already at the loginserver.ini and Boot5zones) but that hasn't worked. Till here, i'm out of ideas because i'm not sure if the problem is if i'm doing something wrong or a network error (because I remember having some problems with playing "a few" games on LAN).

I was wondering if there was any software to make things easier or which is the correct way of doing this?

Also would it be possible to connect my server somewhere at the internet? (Somewhere where they could host my server) How could I do that? Changing loginserver.ini? (That way I could avoid possible LAN issues...)

Thank you very much...

Angelox
08-19-2008, 08:26 AM
Hi,
read this (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25898), if you need more help post questions at the link .

Demdadar
08-19-2008, 09:15 AM
Thank you Angelox!