PDA

View Full Version : GeorgeS still unable to use your tools

Babul
09-15-2008, 05:21 AM
I dont know why everything else work but I get errors using your tools

cant connect to the DB? but the account on the db i placed in the .ini file are correct

Maybe I am using an unsupported version of mysql? (the last one)

Or maybe php also the last one

GeorgeS
09-16-2008, 10:00 PM
I presume you got it to work eh?

GeorgeS

roostermhm
10-18-2008, 01:40 PM
GeorgeS, I used navicat to insert 3 items in my database numbered 99000-99002. I changed their names and id numbers. then I opened the item editor and tried to load the items but every time I do a search it says "a change to list/items requires a refresh" and my item goes away in the list. These items are intended to be universal startup items like Trev's charm, and I want to edit them with the new editor.

What do I need to do in navicat to get the items to load so I can edit them or do I need to do something else?

Thanks.

trevius
10-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Making new items in the database isn't very easy because you have to set all of the fields properly or it will cause issues. You either need to copy an entire line from somewhere in the table and use that to edit in the database, or the easiest way is to just use the "copy" button in the Item Editor :P

GeorgeS
10-19-2008, 03:07 PM
To use navicat or other mysql programs, you will need to make a duplicate item with a unique key and a proper idea of what you're doing. Eqitems is by far easier to make items with as it assures proper database schema integrity. Always as usual, make a new item by making a copy of an existing one (such as with procs for example) and edit as desired.

GeorgeS