PDA

View Full Version : casting Swarm pets?

ChaosSlayer
09-21-2008, 02:17 PM
I need some help working with summoning swarm pets spells.
I am using Bleh/Ala spell editor.

From I can see they usualy have expiration timer in "maximum" field measured in seconds how long they going to be up.

But I know there are other swarm pets which do nto expire and last till they killed - how is that ensured? Also how they controlled - if at all?

Do ispell have to be cast on a target to be attacked? What happens after target dies? Do pets wihout expiration stay and follow you around, then how do you tell them to attack again?

How do I make more than 1 pet with a single spell? Does puting say 5 into "minimum" field would do that?

Please let me all the options for making these extra pets

thank you =)

AndMetal
09-22-2008, 12:10 AM
I find Lucy (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/) helps quite a bit to understand this, mainly because it says what's being done without having to interpret everything. If you could come up with some specific spells on Live that do what you described, I'm sure I could help figure out what's what. Although, for some reason, I thought swarm pets didn't work on the Emu?

trevius
09-22-2008, 12:14 AM
I think swarm pets work fine. You just need to create the pet in the pets table to match the file name in the spell. I know I have seen certain ones work, but I am sure many are still missing from the DB.

ChaosSlayer
09-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Well i played with it for a bit and can't seem to get it work right.

I took the default spell Flaming Sword of Huzl and casted it.. and got myself a regular controlled pet... which behaves just like normal pet would and not a swarm/temp pet... perhaps I am experimenting with wrong spell since this was wizards spell who never gets regular pets... I gues I need to take a look at things like mages swarm and see how its done...

ChaosSlayer
09-24-2008, 09:55 AM
I have complited my tetsing of swarm pets.
they mostly work with few small bugs.
I posted full bug report here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?p=156751#post156751