PDA

View Full Version : Help with Debian Server Install

bigsol81
10-04-2008, 09:00 PM
I've gotten everything working so far from what I can tell, and can remotely access my MySQL server without any issue from my Windows machine.

When I execute ./start, my server does not appear on the list of available servers. I'm not sure if I need additional stuff before I can do this or not.

The other issue is that my logs are displaying errors that the world server is still trying to use the username 'eq' to log in to my database, and is probably still trying to use the database 'eq' as well. I have already edited both of the xml configuration files in the /server directory to use the correct username and password, as well as the correct database name.

Is there something I'm missing?

hayward6
10-05-2008, 10:13 AM
sounds like the config file isn't setup right. Theres a place in that file that ells it what database to use.

bigsol81
10-05-2008, 02:58 PM
If you're referring to the file called eqemu_config.xml.full, then I have, as stated in my original post.

bigsol81
10-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Nevermind, I fixed it myself.

I replaced the contents of the original eqemu_config.xml with the contents of eqemu_config.xml.full while keeping the name the same. Apparently, deleting the original file causes the emulator to bug out, but renaming the "full" one to the normal one works just fine.

trevius
10-05-2008, 05:04 PM
The .full on the end of the other file is there to keep the file from being used by the server. The server will only use the one ending in .xml and the full one is mostly there for a reference in case you need to set more things than the basics.

hayward6
10-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Nevermind, I fixed it myself.

I replaced the contents of the original eqemu_config.xml with the contents of eqemu_config.xml.full while keeping the name the same. Apparently, deleting the original file causes the emulator to bug out, but renaming the "full" one to the normal one works just fine.

"sounds like the config file isn't setup right" :)