PDA

View Full Version : CoH Hate List Wipe

seveianrex
10-18-2008, 10:13 AM
{spell_effects.cpp}

~1734, find

CastToClient()->cheat_timer.Start(3500, false);
CastToClient()->MovePC(zone->GetZoneID(), caster->GetX(), caster->GetY(), caster->GetZ(), caster->GetHeading(), 2, SummonPC);
Message(15, "You have been summoned!");

Add:

WhipeHateList();

Congdar
10-18-2008, 12:16 PM
This change would wipe the hate list of the character being CoH'd is that what you want?

So_1337
10-18-2008, 12:45 PM
That's what it does on Live. Good fix =)

cavedude
10-18-2008, 12:58 PM
KLS changed the spelling to the correct WipeHateList(); in Rev 108 just so you know ;)

KLS
10-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Yeah seeing whipehatelist all the time was just too much for me sorry.

trevius
10-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Can you Garuntee that you got them all? LOL JK! I know the Garuntee spelling error isn't in actual code, but seeing that note everywhere has made me want to run the comments through spell checker lol. I give 3 cheers for the whipehatelist change lol.

cavedude
10-19-2008, 10:39 PM
I got a report on PEQ that this isn't working: http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5836

It may have not been merged in correctly, might want to double check SVN. I did use the correct spelling.

AndMetal
10-20-2008, 01:38 AM
It looks like this was merged correctly, so unfortunately we can't blame it on you this time cd :D

Index: spell_effects.cpp
================================================== =================
--- spell_effects.cpp (revision 112)
+++ spell_effects.cpp (revision 113)
@@ -1763,6 +1763,7 @@
CastToClient()->MovePC(zone->GetZoneID(), caster->GetX(), caster->GetY(), caster->GetZ(), caster->GetHeading(), 2, SummonPC);
+ WipeHateList();
}
else
caster->Message(13, "This spell can only be cast on players.");

The issue is that we're wiping the hate list for the client it's being cast on, and not from the mobs that have them on their hate list.

To wipe from the mob hate list, I think we can use EntityList::ClearFeignAggro & EntityList::ClearZoneFeignAggro:

case SE_SummonPC:
{
if(IsClient()){
entity_list.ClearFeignAggro(CastToClient()); //clear aggro just like FD
entity_list.ClearZoneFeignAggro(CastToClient()); //clear any aggro that didn't succeed from FD
WipeHateList(); //wipe client's hate list
}
else
caster->Message(13, "This spell can only be cast on players.");

break;
}

Ideally, we might want to make a new function, EntityList::ClearZoneAggro(), that just does what both of the 2 do, but in 1 function:

void EntityList::ClearZoneAggro(Client* targ)
{
LinkedListIterator<NPC*> iterator(npc_list);
iterator.Reset();
while(iterator.MoreElements())
{
if (iterator.GetData()->CheckAggro(targ))
iterator.GetData()->RemoveFromHateList(targ);

iterator.GetData()->RemoveFromFeignMemory(targ);
iterator.Advance();
}
}

Anyone wanna give this a shot?

Congdar
10-20-2008, 08:57 AM
This change would wipe the hate list of the character being CoH'd is that what you want?

That's what it does on Live. Good fix =)

The issue is that we're wiping the hate list for the client it's being cast on, and not from the mobs that have them on their hate list.

See... this is why I ask these questions.

So_1337
10-20-2008, 09:22 AM
I misunderstood the question, then. I was speaking from a generality of the player should no hate on them after it's cast, I didn't realize it wasn't being whiped (/tease KLS) off the NPCs, which you seemed to understand =P

Good catch, then, and sorry I didn't know enough to follow it.

AndMetal
10-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Fixed & tested in SVN Revision 124.