PDA

View Full Version : Everquest: Seeds of Destruction - Packet Collects?

trevius
10-23-2008, 12:30 AM
So, the new expansion just came out 10/21/08. I was wondering if anyone has a good way to collect packets from it for the emulator. I am mainly concerned with finding something we can use to find all of the new Opcodes and Packet Stuctures. If we have something available, I can go out and buy it and start collecting ASAP before too many patches get put on. The expansion includes all previous expansions, so it should work perfectly as an upgrade to Titanium. And, the more Opcodes and Packet Structures we can get, the easier it should be to use it as a potential upgrade.

I know that would involve alot of work, but SoE is planning to only release expansions every year or so now. So, our chances for getting collects on a fairly fresh (mostly unpatched) version of the Live are limited.

I am guessing that if I logged everything with Wireshark, it should be able to get pretty much everything we need. Just feeding through all of that would be the hard part :X

I am not very concerned with getting collects from various zones for spawn data. I mostly just want the new content and features available from the newer expansions. I think it would probably also help with some technical issues (vista, dual core, etc).

So, if anyone has a better solution for getting Opcodes and Packet Structures, I will go out and buy it and start collecting right now. Normally they don't get any really big patches in until a month after a release anyway, unless they do one right at release.

Any thoughts? Figured we might as well discuss it now, or just wait another year :P The chance to upgrade to Anniversary has long passed us by, mainly due to it being nearly impossible to get. A new expansion should be readily available at any store that sells games for months at least, and maybe up to a year or so. So, until next year, this is our one chance to jump on it :P

Andrew80k
10-23-2008, 10:23 AM
I already have it and am happy to do collects if that's something the community wants. I don't think we have a good way to digest the collects, but it would be nice to have them.

Flare83
11-06-2008, 01:08 PM
i think Seeds of Destruction is a digital download only if i'm not mistaken.

liquest
11-13-2008, 06:08 PM
i think Seeds of Destruction is a digital download only if i'm not mistaken.

i wouldent know it it was digital download only cuz i got it for free but im pretty sure you can goto like a best buy or something to get it

Jalister
12-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Seeds of Destruction is digital download only. I know this because I will not buy download only expansions.

trevius
12-01-2008, 05:32 PM
I went ahead and bought Secrets of Faydwer, since it sounds like it will be the final available retail hard copy of Everquest that includes all expansions in the install. If we are ever going to upgrade the Emulator to work with a newer version of EQ, I think SoF is our best (and probably final) option.

Unfortunately, we won't have packet collects from it, so it would probably be hard to get everything working. But, if we can use a method similar to how Derision finds opcodes for Titanium by looking at the known opcodes in the 6.2 client, then I think we could get a newer version running.

We have been making large leaps in the emu code lately. At this rate, we will have most of the systems in Titanium functional. Things will still need to be tweaked, but at least all of the core systems should be working. At that point, coding will probably slow down, since there will be less to do. That is when I think we may be able to get people interested in trying to get a newer version working. Most of the systems won't need to be changed, we would just need the opcodes and structures in most cases.

I plan to look into this more sometime soon. I would love to use the newer content :D

ChaosSlayer
01-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Trev don't you mean Seeds of Destruction as "last" retail al expansions included package?

I belive that SoF was a stand alone expansion (upgrade only)

trevius
01-04-2009, 05:35 PM
SoD is download only as far as I know and downloads download the whole thing, not just a certain version of EQ, which is what we need. SoF includes all previous expansions. I have already started work on getting SoF to work with the emu. Once I get it working, it should be easier for us to move to an even more current one if we wanted at some point later. I have been working on it for about a month now and have been stuck at one point for a couple of weeks. I am getting to the point where I might try seeing if I can get the emulator working with the current EQLive patch and if so, then maybe work my way backwards to get it working with SoF. Mainly because it would be easier to get it working with Live since I can use info directly from SEQ to find almost every opcode and structure that I could need. And I think that SoF is much closer to live than it is to Titanium, so it would be easier to move backwards once it was working than forward from Titanium.

ChaosSlayer
01-04-2009, 06:45 PM
ah I see, I thought it was the SoD that come out as "everythign included" package.
IMHO in all the staff that was released after T, Serpents Spine prabobly has best content, zones and new models - that one would very nice to see.
Specialy with new Drakin race (they have awsome armor graphics)

Ohh and those new models in Plane of Magic - were realy realy cool to

Well good luck to you Trev =)

dencelle
01-29-2009, 06:33 AM
ok... as bad as this sounds.. as for the spawn locs.. i have a MQ2 code for that... what it does is writes down the name of the npc then the targetID(something you don't use) then the location...

i've used this on a few servers to see if i can copy the server... so far i've been able to repulicate alot of content just based on the locations. if i could find a /ghostwalk for eqlive then that would help too... because that allows me to look around to see mobs and what they look like without drawing aggro...

so... if you guys want stuff for SOF/SOD then i would suggest using... and simi-abuseing MQ2...

Mcbaine3
03-03-2009, 05:35 PM
If by ghostwalk you mean /nokos then you should be set. Unless that doesnt work with live anymore?

barista1987
03-29-2009, 12:14 AM
ok... as bad as this sounds.. as for the spawn locs.. i have a MQ2 code for that... what it does is writes down the name of the npc then the targetID(something you don't use) then the location...

i've used this on a few servers to see if i can copy the server... so far i've been able to repulicate alot of content just based on the locations. if i could find a /ghostwalk for eqlive then that would help too... because that allows me to look around to see mobs and what they look like without drawing aggro...

so... if you guys want stuff for SOF/SOD then i would suggest using... and simi-abuseing MQ2...

Most MQ2 compiles nowadays for EQlive already have a built in mapview of all the mobs, where they are, their pathing, and what they con to you.

Edit: Some even have a HUD that displays their estimated health, class, level, and estimated mana pool.