PDA

View Full Version : Auto Start.bat

enkendu
10-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Hello, i hope that i posted this in the right area, im still kinda new to these forums, anyway i have searched all over to find a tool or somthing that would make it so that when i execute my Start.bat file that it will auto count down untill the world.exe found a connection and then auto push a button to start the zones. or whatever the process is. it would be nice if all you had to do is push the start server file once and then walk away from the computer. is there anything like this already??

hayward6
10-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Have a look through the wiki, there's a lot of tips like this in there
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ws992mysql5

It also helps to have some basic understanding of what can be done with batch files, so you can make your own custom scripts.

Creating a Simple Server Boot up script

Open up Notepad via clicking Start, Run, and typing in Notepad. Once that is up, enter the following code,
@echo off
start world.exe
cls
echo Wait for World to finish loading... Press Enter when done.
pause
start eqlaunch.exe zone
exit

You could also add a sleep period before eqlaunch.exe and have it wait say... 30 seconds and then auto launch. Then you wouldn't have to hit enter.

enkendu
10-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Thank you for posting this, i already knew how to make the start.bat file i just needed to know how to use the sleep timer, thank you though for the info, hopefully i can take it from here and figure the rest out myself.