kjaer_dk
11-01-2008, 02:03 PM
I have a problem with the debian guide

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=DebianLinuxServer

It installs libperl5.10 and it wont accept libperl5.8

any info about how i get around this?

trevius
11-02-2008, 04:02 AM
Does 5.10 not work? There will always be updates, but hopefully most of the time they won't break the server.

kjaer_dk
11-02-2008, 11:45 PM
this is the error i get when compile eqemu
gcc -c -Wall -Wuninitialized -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wcomment -Wcast-align -Wno-deprecated -g -march=i686 -O -pthread -pipe -I../common/SocketLib -DFX -D_GNU_SOURCE -DINVERSEXY -DWORLD -DDEBUG=5 -DEQDEBUG=5 -DSHAREMEM -DCATCH_CRASH -DNO_PIDLOG -DFIELD_ITEMS -DIRC -Di386 -DAPP_OPCODE_SIZE=2 -DEMBPERL -DEMBPERL_PLUGIN -DHAS_UNION_SEMUN -I/usr/include/mysql -DBIG_JOINS=1 -fPIC -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DDEBIAN -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/lib/perl/5.10/CORE ../common/crc32.cpp -o ../common/crc32.o
../common/crc32.cpp:105:2: warning: #warning "Comment out i386 define if your arch isn't x86"
../common/crc32.cpp: In static member function ‘static uint32 CRC32::Update(const int8*, uint32, uint32)’:
../common/crc32.cpp:238: error: PIC register ‘bx’ clobbered in ‘asm’
make[1]: *** [../common/crc32.o] Fejl 1
make[1]: Forlader katalog '/home/eqemu/source/EQEmu-0.7.0-1118/world'
make: *** [all] Fejl 2

trevius
11-03-2008, 01:04 AM
I don't know the exact fix for that offhand, but you might want to try running one of the new revisions directly from the SVN download. I believe there were a few changes to the source to help certain compiles. At least it is worth a shot unless someone knows the answer to your exact error. Either that or google searching couldn't hurt :)

Sylaei
11-03-2008, 09:18 PM
I installed Debian on a seperate box, following those instructions, a couple of weeks ago. I can't remember exactly how I got perl installed but I do know that perl 5.8 is required to run the emulator. I ran across a post a while back that mentioned the 5.8.7 definately worked and 5.8.8 should work. I am running 5.8.8 on my Debian and it is running fine.

Just found the post: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24915&highlight=5.8.7

You might try removing Perl 5.10 and installing 5.8.

kjaer_dk
11-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Error found

i was running Debian LennyBeta and not Debian 4.0 r5 i386

New question :

You can set the "databasename" to whatever you want to call your database. I named mine after my server name. Then type:

use databasename
source databasefilename.sql

The databasefilename.sql is the filename that should appear from the "ls" command you issued above. This is the database file that you moved into this directory. PEQ and AX have more than 1 database files that are required to be sourced, but if you are using a backup of your own database, you will only need to source 1 file. Sourcing times will vary depending on the stats of your server and the size of the database. Some can take quite a while!

is that all my *.sql files?

account.sql eventlog.sql peqdb_1129Rev172.sql.gz
Banned_IPs.sql faction_values.sql petitions.sql
botinventory.sql group_id.sql player_corpses_backup.sql
botleader.sql group_leaders.sql player_corpses.sql
bot_npcs.bat guild_members.sql quest_globals.sql
bot_npcs.sh guild_ranks.sql raid_details.sql
botsowners.sql guild_relations.sql raid_members.sql
character_activities.sql guilds.sql rule_sets.sql
character_backup.sql hackers.sql rule_values.sql
character_enabledtasks.sql inventory.sql sharedbank.sql
character_.sql keyring.sql timers.sql
character_tasks.sql launcher.sql updates
commands.sql launcher_zones.sql variables.sql
completed_tasks.sql load_player.sql zone_flags.sql
CVS merchantlist_temp.sql aa_timers.sql
drop_player.sql name_filter.sql
drop_system.sql object_contents.sql

Sylaei
11-04-2008, 08:44 PM
You will have to extact the .sql file from this file, peqdb_1129Rev172.sql.gz.
Once you do that you'll use

source load_player.sql

and then this command:

source peqdb_1129Rev172.sql

This should source everything you need into the database. Those two files will call the others files if needed.

kjaer_dk
11-05-2008, 01:10 AM
New server up and running

thanks everyone

kjaer_dk
11-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Hmm when i go to add my server on

http://www.eqemulator.net/server_reg.php

then it dont give me a Activation Key but sends me to the login server page with my accounts for eqemu.

Do anyone know how i get that activation key?

AndMetal
11-06-2008, 02:32 AM
Hmm when i go to add my server on

http://www.eqemulator.net/server_reg.php

then it dont give me a Activation Key but sends me to the login server page with my accounts for eqemu.

Do anyone know how i get that activation key?

That page isn't used anymore. When you start the server on your computer, it will automatically add it to the server list, so you don't have to do anything special.