PDA

View Full Version : Bots need limits

thepoetwarrior
11-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I wish I can put limits on bots, mostly limiting to having 1 bot up at a time. I've had to take out the bots because of peoples 25 bot army, and just use quest code on NPC to give the player one pet for that zone that doesn't heal the owner like bots do.

Other useful things would be access level of who can use them, and which zones bots can be summoned in.

I think its awsome how the bots already save the gear you give them, where you can list their invtory, and they save that gear for when you summon them again.

Ikeren
11-03-2008, 03:45 AM
It depends on the server.

For many servers, limits would make a lot of sense (depending on level, quests, money, etcetera). These are servers with a population that expect you to work co-operatively, where bots could be a specific reward to alleviate the pain of multi-boxing or help with harder, larger encounters for a short period of time.

But for other servers, being able to solo raid encounters at Original EQ/PEQ level difficulty is the point. Not allowing a person to run themselves plus 71 bots for their first kill of things like Rallos Zek The Warlord (which my guild definitely did with like, 82 our first time, cause about 15 of us got our flags from another guild previously on the condition that we backflag them in the future, so we let 10 of their guildies get in with us for a back-flag) would be a bit crazy.

A series of optional tags such as:

Number of bots allowed
Level required for bots
Zones that allow bots
Conditions for having bots

would certainly be useful for some servers.

One of these days I am seriously going to learn some coding if only to help with this project.