PDA

View Full Version : EverQuest II

Zio
07-10-2002, 07:33 AM
Read this before polling

:D Everquest II :mad:
Is it the red or the blue pill?

What will be your decision will you play it after the information given out? Instead of banks, you have carrages, pack horses, and even boats. Or instead you want to run a playhouse, making it so people have to pay to get in! How about just owning your little ol' house.

Then there are the levels. Instead of 60, you will have 100. And they even said that in the expansions it will raise to 200.

Unique items only found by few... instead of thousands of them across the server. Your blades, daggers, or even staves are only effective to the requirements of them. ( Can we say DAoC? ) If it requires level 50, a level 10 your looking to twink will not have fun with it, and it will break in not a very long time.

The spells, creative, beautiful; the new spells look fantastic. Maybe you want a bone wall? Maybe you want a shimmering shield to float around you and flow.

Taking the classes to new levels. ( Yet again, we have to thank DAoC , yet some tweaks. ) You no longer pick a class when you start.. you start as a ... ( Hmm, I can say DAoC and UO at the same time ) a peasant with set skills as a sort of class. A mage? A Fighter? At level requirements you can then set forward to changing into a higher rank. Here is what you can be (of what i've seen)

Fighter
Fighter - Warrior
Fighter - Crusader - Paladin ( You have your Good Crusader )
Fighter - Crusader - Shadow Knight ( You have a Bad )
Fighter - Crusader - Ranger (And you have a Neutral )
Priest
Mage
Rogue
Tradesman

***To answer some questions before the posts, yes that is pretty much it, there aren't 13 or how many ever ammount was in EverQuest.

-

The graphics look intimidating. The requirements are a geforce 3 or better. ( :rolleyes: What did you expect? It's verant. )
This is a picture of an ogre with a club from e3. Click Here (http://tanaan.com/albums/album04/aaa.sized.jpg) It may or may not be laggy running around like luclin, but i'm sure it will look alot better then EverQuest Original graphics.

The world of Norrath brings back familiar locations and introduces a variety of newly discovered areas in the Age of Destiny, a time period in the future of the original EverQuest. But luclin shall not be there. Maybe the moon has been blown down by mad gnomes. Who knows? Who cares? :D

Some Critisizim
Yes, I do think there is some down sides. Less classes, no luclin (not really a big loss), they are only adding some new area, and they are keeping the old stuff. But I can't really say that, all the areas are new looking. If you saw what rivervale looks like right now, you can say, Ripoff from The Lord of the Rings movie. They went all out Hobbit style there. Most likely more graphic lag. Bah, it's making me feel bad. :P

That is all I have to say for now I will post more info later..
but do you take the

Red or Blue Pill ?

(Red = Yes , Blue = No)

Zio
07-10-2002, 07:37 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention

EverQuest II has a name and it also is a a new age in EverQuest history.

It's called, Age of Destiny

( So it took them around 3 years to get into a new age bleh )

:D

Even though there was a history in EverQuest no one took time to look at. ( I took a month around Norrath reading the books we always drop, talking to the people we always walk by ) I found alot of information out, as well as others.

There will be a more visible history in EverQuest II. Thats all that was said so thats all I can post.

Ariak
07-10-2002, 08:11 AM
Nay. Not unless it loses its Noobism.

An entire game based on level-limited items (DAOC) is just GAY. It worked well in Diablo II, because the level limits were fine.. But, Twinking in DAOC was IMPOSSIBLE to do.

If they can pull it off, I may buy it. I voted Blue, No.

Zio
07-11-2002, 06:52 AM
After thinking about it more deeply.
It shows they aren't really pulling off any ideas of its own.

200 levels = AC
Wedding Houses = AC
Houses = UO
Pack Horses / Boats = UO
Weapon Limits = DAOC
Class System = DAOC

Lots more in there. Oh well. As a gamer, i'll try it.
:(

Baltar
07-11-2002, 07:15 AM
if there is an emu, i'll buy the game hehe.

Ariak
07-11-2002, 08:02 AM
200 levels = AC

Good for power-gamers.

Wedding Houses = AC

Good in general.

Houses = UO

Need to control it.. so it is not Sim City..

Pack Horses / Boats = UO

45 minute boat rides like in EQ I .. no .. fun ..

Weapon Limits = DAOC

Gay. 100% pure Gay. I quit DAOC because of the anti-twinking crap.

Class System = DAOC

Horribly balanced.. but, then again, so is EQ.. But, EQ is fun, though.

Zio
07-11-2002, 09:08 PM
Its not set boat from zone to zone. Its your own boat that you ride basically I guess, like a mini stormbreaker. But bigger then the little canoes. You store stuff in it. Its for rich tradeskill people. Fishers or if your trying to carry alot of blacksmith stuff across continents. AKA, their will probably be stuff in one continent and not in others and is important.

Tradeskills will probably be a big part in EQ2 then.

Ariak
08-03-2002, 11:02 AM
Bleh.

Baron Sprite
08-03-2002, 02:13 PM
Dungeon siege had cool pack mules.... they could kick things... I dunno what each pill does so I will just go with blue because I like that color... personally I think eq2 will suck ;) Will prolly require huge ammounts of time and an uber guild, which I don't like either.

BlackMage
09-02-2002, 08:33 AM
Everquest II is for Playstation 2 right? Well, how would expansions work? An entirely new cd, or will it improve from an internet connection?

astemus
09-04-2002, 10:21 AM
eq2 is for the computer... EQOA is for ps2, basically a toned down eq. EQ2 will prolly be cool, and cmon, you know most of you will buy it just to see. along with SWG. But that's another thread :) I personally think eq2 is going to be alot like DAoC, which i quit also because the item level thing was severely gay. There was alot about DAoC i liked though, and if they can incorporate that into EQ, i'm sure it'll kick ass.

BlackMage
09-04-2002, 10:55 AM
Oh ok, swg will be great.

WhitePheonix
09-06-2002, 09:25 AM
This sucks IMO. I don't understand why they're merging things from other RPG games when the system in EQ works just fine.

Why mess with it when there's nothing wrong with it? A graphics and a world upgrade (remade zones, not just new ones) would satisfy me. Maybe even rebuild the classes from scratch. Not wipe 'em all and make new ones, just recreate the current ones with a few twists to make it more appealing.

Plus, the graphics look insane. GF3? I think not, we'll ALL need GF4Ti4600's (or whatever the most powerful card is when the game gets released).

Needless to say: Blue Pill.

DuDeMaN
09-06-2002, 12:02 PM
Blue for me :rolleyes: