PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Character Restore

trevius
11-09-2008, 06:14 PM
I was thinking that it might be a good idea to have an easy way to restore deleted characters. It is rare that it happens, but I have had a couple of players that deleted their characters by mistake. Maybe just changing the character delete so that it leaves the inventory in the inventory table, and then just adjust the #charbackup so that it can restore a deleted character back into the character_ table. As long as they still have backups in the char_backup table, then it should work ok I think. Either that, or maybe have a new table or 2 for deleted characters and deleted character inventories.

cavedude
11-09-2008, 06:43 PM
I would be all for this, provided the backups are in two separate tables and can be disabled via a rule. I also think it would be a good idea to limit the system to only create a backup when a player attempts to delete the toon, and perhaps when a toon leaves a corpse. Otherwise, you'd be looking at twice the amount of queries when saving normally, which is quite frequent.

trevius
11-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Ya, I was thinking we could just add it to happen when the delete code happens (when they delete the character). If it could just remove that info from those 2 tables as it does now, then it just puts them into the new tables and it is all done. Then, we would either just need a command to restore them, or just allow it to be done manually in the database.