PDA

View Full Version : Feign Death and Spell Casting

cybernine186
11-14-2008, 06:04 PM
I want Feign Death to be broken if a player is Feign Death and say if a npc casts a spell while the pc is casting FD or right before FD to break FD.

It used to be that way on Live and I would it to be that way now.

Any ideas guys?

fourier
09-11-2009, 11:26 PM
I notice the same thing going on in the emu. Is this how it is on live? Anyone?

[sorry to bring back an old post, but there was no reply to the OP]

fourier
09-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Update for those interested. This does seem to be a bug. I asked on a monk forum and it appears the behavior is unchanged on live (spells break FD). I just got one reply, but it seems to be a good source. So, I could go ahead and make this change if requested. Let me know, thanks.

Quote from other forum: With no AA's, yes a spell breaks FD. There's a line of AA's however which eventually allow you to FD if the spells are resisted, and give you chance to still stay FD'ed even if the spell lands. (Think it's called Stonewall)

yizuman
09-16-2009, 02:10 PM
What about when a healer casts on a FDed toon on purpose just for crap and giggles? We had that problem with griefers passing by and healed a FDed monk or necro and caused the mobs to aggro on them, getting them killed.

So is there some sort of protection from that sort of thing?

Yiz

fourier
09-16-2009, 03:50 PM
I think a check to see if player is already on the mob hatelist or not would resolve that.

pfyon
09-16-2009, 06:16 PM
AFAIK, beneficial spells would not break feign death on live.

KLS
09-16-2009, 07:16 PM
This is something I've wanted to implement properly for a while but just haven't gotten around to.

noudess
04-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Still hoping for this fix - any updates?