PDA

View Full Version : New Debian Install problems

suberbot
11-16-2008, 01:32 AM
I've followed trev's wiki on debian install to the 't'. Everything has run fine and I have even been able to setup some of the remote access tools.

However, when I get down to actually starting the server and run ./start it continually cycles

./persist_world: line 7: ./world: is a directory

Now, line 7 in that script is ./world "$@".

I did take one person's thought and tried to run ./world from its directory and I get:

Unable to load 'eqemu_config.xml': failed to open file.

I don't have that file and never saw a place that stated to create it.

Please help. Thanks! :-)

suberbot
11-16-2008, 01:58 AM
OK. So I found the .xml file and added in all my information.

Now I still get same message from ./start. But, when I put the xml into the world folder and just run ./world I'm getting cannot connect to database access denied.

So, I try to log into mysql with both root and eqemu users and both get access denied, even though I have setup both accounts and set passwords. Would changing the my.cnf to have external connections changed these accounts?

suberbot
11-16-2008, 02:21 AM
Alrighty! I got MySQL accounts straightened out, just had to give eqemu user rights on local host.

Now, I still get world crashes in logs. So, I try just doing the ./world command again. I get connected to database and it connects and changes to correct database. But, I get a bunch of stuff I can't understand.

eqemu@dellserver:~/server/world$ ./world
Failed to open log file: logs/eqemu_debug_world.log
[Debug] [RULES__CHANGE] Resetting running rules to default values
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Loading server configuration..
[Debug] [COMMON__THREADS] Starting TCPServerLoop with thread ID -1214600272
[Debug] [COMMON__THREADS] Starting TCPServerLoop with thread ID -1222992976
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Warning: Unable to read log.ini
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.7.0
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Connecting to MySQL...
Failed to open log file: logs/eqemu_world.log
[Status] Using database 'bloodjinnproject' at localhost:3306
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] HTTP world service disabled.
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Loading variables..
[Debug] [COMMON__THREADS] Starting DBAsyncLoop with thread ID -1231385680
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Loading zones..
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Clearing groups..
Unable to clear group leaders: #1146: Table 'bloodjinnproject.group_leaders' doe sn't exist
Unable to clear groups: #1146: Table 'bloodjinnproject.group_id' doesn't exist
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Clearing temporary merchant lists..
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Loading items..
[Error] Load Shared Library 'libEMuShareMem.so' failed. Error=libEMuShareMem.so : cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT_ERR] Error: Could not load item data. But ignoring
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Loading guilds..
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Failed to find ruleset 'default' for load operation. Canc eling.
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] No rule set configured, using default rules
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Loading EQ time of day..
Failed to open log file: logs/eqemu_error_world.log
[Error] Could not load EQTime file eqtime.cfg
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT_ERR] Unable to load eqtime.cfg
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Loading launcher list..
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Reboot zone modes OFF
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Deleted 0 stale player corpses from database
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Deleted 0 stale player backups from database
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Zone (TCP) listener started.
[Debug] [WORLD__INIT] Client (UDP) listener started.
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_6.2.conf'. Thats bad.
[Debug] [NET__OPCODES] Error loading opcodes file patch_6.2.conf. Not registerin g patch 6.2.
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_Titanium.conf'. Thats bad.
[Debug] [NET__OPCODES] Error loading opcodes file patch_Titanium.conf. Not regis tering patch Titanium.
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_Anniversary.conf'. Thats bad.
[Debug] [NET__OPCODES] Error loading opcodes file patch_Anniversary.conf. Not re gistering patch Anniversary.
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_Live.conf'. Thats bad.
[Debug] [NET__OPCODES] Error loading opcodes file patch_Live.conf. Not registeri ng patch Live.
[Debug] [WORLD__LS] Connecting to login server...
[Debug] [COMMON__THREADS] Starting EQStreamFactoryReaderLoop with thread ID -123 9778384
[Debug] [COMMON__THREADS] Starting EQStreamFactoryWriterLoop with thread ID -124 8171088
[Debug] [COMMON__THREADS] Starting TCPConnectionLoop with thread ID -1266140240
[Debug] [WORLD__LS] Connected to Loginserver: eqemulator.net:5998

To me it looks as if it didn't source the database correctly. I downloaded the one linked from the PEQ website in trev's wiki. I wonder if there is a newer version that has some tables added. Will look into it.

trevius
11-16-2008, 05:53 AM
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_6.2.conf'. Thats bad.
[Debug] [NET__OPCODES] Error loading opcodes file patch_6.2.conf. Not registerin g patch 6.2.
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_Titanium.conf'. Thats bad.
[Debug] [NET__OPCODES] Error loading opcodes file patch_Titanium.conf. Not regis tering patch Titanium.
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_Anniversary.conf'. Thats bad.
[Debug] [NET__OPCODES] Error loading opcodes file patch_Anniversary.conf. Not re gistering patch Anniversary.
Unable to open opcodes file 'patch_Live.conf'. Thats bad.
[Debug] [NET__OPCODES] Error loading opcodes file patch_Live.conf. Not registeri ng patch Live.

Make sure you move these files from the /utils directory in the /home/eqemu/server directory. Without them, the server won't run at all. At least it sounds like you are getting close. Once you get those set, and get the database stuff worked out, it should start working. It also sounds like you might have set some things up while you were logged in as root. If you do that, you might need to change ownership on them to eqemu using the chown command.

I am actually doing a full reinstall using the Debian wiki right now lol. I will try to adjust it where needed if I find anything wrong. But, I also only use an existing database backup of my own, so I don't really have good details on getting a fresh database install setup properly for PEQ or AX. Most people run a Windows server first before attempting it on Linux. It does make the database stuff a little simpler.

And BTW, it isn't all my page, AndMetal wrote about half of it, and I just added in more details to make it doable by slightly less technical people. But, it still isn't something for beginners really, unless you are pretty knowledgeable with either EQEmu or Linux or both (but then that wouldn't really be a beginner lol).

suberbot
11-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Well, I've got the database issues worked out somewhat. I can get it logged in fine and can sometimes even get connected to the login server at which point i can see the server but its locked.

I'm still getting the spam of ./world: is a directory if it doesn't get stuck before that on ./eqlaunch: is a directory

I ran ./world only with adding in the patch files like you said and i get a lot of good things but some bad, here they are....

[Error] Load Shared Library 'libEMuShareMem.so' failed. Error=libEMuShareMem.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[Debug] [WORLD__INIT_ERR] Error: Could not load item data. But ignoring

[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:ClearTempMerchantlist'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:ClearTempMerchantlist
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:AddMaxClientsPerIP'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:AddMaxClientsPerIP
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:AddMaxClientsStatus'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:AddMaxClientsStatus
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:EnableTaskSystem'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:EnableTaskSystem
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:PeriodicCheckTimer'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:PeriodicCheckTimer
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:RecordCompletedTasks'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:RecordCompletedTasks
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:RecordCompletedOptionalActivities'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:RecordCompletedOptionalActivities
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:KeepOneRecordPerCompletedTask'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:KeepOneRecordPerCompletedTask
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:EnableTaskProximity'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:EnableTaskProximity
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:EnableTutorialButton'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:EnableTutorialButton
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:EnableReturnHomeButton'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:EnableReturnHomeButton
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:MaxLevelForTutorial'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:MaxLevelForTutorial
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:MinOfflineTimeToReturnHome'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:MinOfflineTimeToReturnHome
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Zone:AutoShutdownDelay'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Zone:AutoShutdownDelay
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Character:MaxExpLevel'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Character:MaxExpLevel[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Combat:AdjustProcPerMinute'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Combat:AdjustProcPerMinute
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Combat:AvgProcsPerMinute'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Combat:AvgProcsPerMinute
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Combat:ProcPerMinDexContrib'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Combat:ProcPerMinDexContrib
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Combat:BaseProcChance'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Combat:BaseProcChance[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Combat:ProcDexDivideBy'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Combat:ProcDexDivideBy
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Chat:ServerWideOOC'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Chat:ServerWideOOC
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Chat:ServerWideAuction'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Chat:ServerWideAuction
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Spells:BaseCritChance'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Spells:BaseCritChance[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Spells:BaseCritRatio'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Spells:BaseCritRatio
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Spells:WizCritLevel'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Spells:WizCritLevel
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Spells:WizCritChance'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Spells:WizCritChance
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Spells:WizCritRatio'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Spells:WizCritRatio
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Character:SharedBankPlat'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Character:SharedBankPlat
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Spells:ResistPerLevelDiff'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Spells:ResistPerLevelDiff
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Combat:BaseHitChance'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Combat:BaseHitChance
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Combat:HitPerLevelDiff'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Combat:HitPerLevelDiff
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Combat:AgiHitFactor'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Combat:AgiHitFactor
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Character:UseDeathExpLossMult'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Character:UseDeathExpLossMult
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Character:DeathExpLossMultiplier'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Character:DeathExpLossMultiplier
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Character:BindAnywhere'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Character:BindAnywhere
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Bazaar:AuditTrail'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Bazaar:AuditTrail
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Bazaar:MaxSearchResults'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Bazaar:MaxSearchResults
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:TutorialZoneID'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:TutorialZoneID
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Bazaar:EnableWarpToTrader'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Bazaar:EnableWarpToTrader

[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:ClearTempMerchantlist'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:ClearTempMerchantlist
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:AddMaxClientsPerIP'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:AddMaxClientsPerIP
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:AddMaxClientsStatus'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:AddMaxClientsStatus
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:EnableTaskSystem'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:EnableTaskSystem
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:PeriodicCheckTimer'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:PeriodicCheckTimer
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:RecordCompletedTasks'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:RecordCompletedTasks
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:RecordCompletedOptionalActivities'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:RecordCompletedOptionalActivities
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:KeepOneRecordPerCompletedTask'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:KeepOneRecordPerCompletedTask
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'TaskSystem:EnableTaskProximity'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for TaskSystem:EnableTaskProximity
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:EnableTutorialButton'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:EnableTutorialButton
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:EnableReturnHomeButton'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:EnableReturnHomeButton
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:MaxLevelForTutorial'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:MaxLevelForTutorial
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:MinOfflineTimeToReturnHome'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:MinOfflineTimeToReturnHome
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Zone:AutoShutdownDelay'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Zone:AutoShutdownDelay
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Character:MaxExpLevel'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Character:MaxExpLevel[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Combat:AdjustProcPerMinute'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Combat:AdjustProcPerMinute
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Combat:AvgProcsPerMinute'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Combat:AvgProcsPerMinute
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Combat:ProcPerMinDexContrib'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Combat:ProcPerMinDexContrib
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Combat:BaseProcChance'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Combat:BaseProcChance[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Combat:ProcDexDivideBy'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Combat:ProcDexDivideBy
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Chat:ServerWideOOC'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Chat:ServerWideOOC
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Chat:ServerWideAuction'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Chat:ServerWideAuction
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Spells:BaseCritChance'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Spells:BaseCritChance[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Spells:BaseCritRatio'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Spells:BaseCritRatio
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Spells:WizCritLevel'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Spells:WizCritLevel
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Spells:WizCritChance'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Spells:WizCritChance
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Spells:WizCritRatio'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Spells:WizCritRatio
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Character:SharedBankPlat'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Character:SharedBankPlat
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Spells:ResistPerLevelDiff'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Spells:ResistPerLevelDiff
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Combat:BaseHitChance'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Combat:BaseHitChance
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Combat:HitPerLevelDiff'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Combat:HitPerLevelDiff
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Combat:AgiHitFactor'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Combat:AgiHitFactor
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Character:UseDeathExpLossMult'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Character:UseDeathExpLossMult
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Character:DeathExpLossMultiplier'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Character:DeathExpLossMultiplier
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Character:BindAnywhere'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Character:BindAnywhere
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Bazaar:AuditTrail'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Bazaar:AuditTrail
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Bazaar:MaxSearchResults'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Bazaar:MaxSearchResults
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:TutorialZoneID'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:TutorialZoneID
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'Bazaar:EnableWarpToTrader'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for Bazaar:EnableWarpToTrader

this is after i d/l'ed the newest db release via CVS and sourced it according to cavedudes instructions.

then it tries to connect to login server and get the following messages...

[Debug] [WORLD__LS] Connecting to login server...
[Debug] [COMMON__THREADS] Starting TCPConnectionLoop with thread ID -1266082896
[Debug] [WORLD__LS] Connected to Loginserver: eqemulator.net:5998
[Debug] [WORLD__SHUTDOWN] Caught signal 2
[Debug] [WORLD__SHUTDOWN] World main loop completed.
[Debug] [WORLD__SHUTDOWN] Shutting down console connections (if any).
[Debug] [WORLD__SHUTDOWN] Shutting down zone connections (if any).
[Debug] [WORLD__SHUTDOWN] Zone (TCP) listener stopped.
[Debug] [COMMON__THREADS] Ending TCPServerLoop with thread ID -1214530640
[Debug] [WORLD__SHUTDOWN] Client (UDP) listener stopped.
[Debug] [WORLD__SHUTDOWN] Signaling HTTP service to stop...
[Debug] [WORLD__HTTP] Requesting that HTTP Service stop.
[Debug] [COMMON__THREADS] Ending TCPServerLoop with thread ID -1222923344
[Debug] [COMMON__THREADS] Ending TCPConnectionLoop with thread ID -1266082896

i'm getting there though

trevius
11-16-2008, 06:25 PM
For most of those rules to work, you will need to download the latest revision from the SVN, which isn't detailed in the Debian Wiki. I have a network share from my Windows PC which makes updating things really easy for me. I handle all of the SVN files on my windows PC, and then move them to my Linux shared /home/eqemu/source folder to compile them.

I am sure you can download it directly from Linux, but I don't know how to do that offhand without playing with it.

Having different versions of database and source code is probably the main cause of your issues. Once you get them matching, it should clear up your issues, or at least most of them.

Here is a link to the SVN stuff.
http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/source/checkout