PDA

View Full Version : Spell Editor question...

Joetuul
12-04-2008, 04:30 AM
Hey all...

I was wondering if I was to use the spell editor and change a spell to do something else...

for example, Tail Sweep... it does 7k direct damage....

Would I be able to change it to do say, 3k or 4k damage instead and not have to give out any special spell files? or would I be able to just change it server side and everything will be fine?

TIA

KrackAdams
12-04-2008, 09:11 AM
Hi,

If you make changes to the spell.us on the server side, you would need to do the same thing to the client side. The spell(s) would be broken if changes to only server side. So just make the spell.us (server side) changes downloadable from your websit.

Joetuul
12-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Ah ok. thats what I thought, just wanted to make sure that was true before I go changing things like that and screw stuff up.

trevius
12-05-2008, 02:58 AM
You can change some things without requiring clients to have a copy of the edited spell file. Changing damage like that isn't an issue. You wouldn't need to give out a custom spell file. But, if you want to change anything that would effect the client, like mana cost, cast time, buff icon, and others, that would require a custom spell file for the client to not see odd things happen when they cast that spell.

Joetuul
12-05-2008, 05:04 AM
Sweet. thanks Trev...

All I wanted to do was lower the damage on a spell or two. nothing that the players would be using, just the mob's spells. Now that you have really explained it for me, I understand now. Thanks again.