PDA

View Full Version : 4th install on debian, still cannot log in

Romell
12-06-2008, 07:14 PM
I've spent all weekend trying to get this server up and running, gone through every possible thread I could find here and on the Angelox boards. Best I can tell the server is running fine from the logs, I'm using wine with minilogin and the ax_classic database and source listed on the download page there. source compiles and I follow every step in the guide. i changed zones to zone in the launcher table and in the ./start. When I log in from my client machine the server appears in the server select, when I click "play everquest" it times out and kicks me back to the login screen. my gm account is setup in the database with a password entered for the HTTP manager. the only thing that looked abnormal to me was this on my minilogin when I tried to connect. i moved Opcodes.conf into the server directory or minilogin wont work I've found.

42634 New client from ip: 192.168.1.2 port: 3659
Unknown packet: .4233692 [92.153.64.0:13658->0.0.0.0:31683]
[OpCode 0x0003 (OP_Unknown) Size=11]

any help would be greatly appreciated, I really want this to work after spending so long working on it. let me know if there is anything specific I need to post.

thanks

trevius
12-07-2008, 05:26 AM
I know the wiki page works pretty well for setting up for public, but it definitely doesn't encompass setting up for mini login. Someone with mini-login experience would probably be better to help with that issue. I am wondering why you are trying to run the server on Linux if you are only going to use it for private logins. For such a small community that you will have on a private server, there really is very little to no advantage for running on Linux instead of Windows. And Windows should be considerably easier to setup. Also, unless you are planning to play completely offline, there isn't really much reason to go with a private server anyway. But, if you really want to setup a private offline server for offline play, there is a full guide for setting that up somewhere around here. I believe the guide is for Windows though.

Have you verified that you can connect to public servers with your version of EQ? If it isn't the correct version and cannot connect to public servers, then it won't be able to connect to your private server either. Also, you might want to try moving your patch.conf file from your /utils directory into your server directory.

Romell
12-07-2008, 06:54 PM
I did get it working at around 3:00 am last night.

Basicly, its a fun way to introduce myself to linux, I like a challange lol. I've built 2 windows EqEmu servers already and wanted to see if I could do it on linux. I have about 12 friends who played with me on live between 99-01 who really want to play again. Some who played on public classic emu servers and are tired of them just disappearing. So I'm building this for them, classic with bots enabled to make up for the small population.

I could connect to the public servers but reinstalled the client anyway because it tended to crash. Anyway after I reinstalled the client and used the NAT workaround I was able to log in. Learned A lot, Thank you to everyone here and on Angelox's boards for all the help and suggestions=)