PDA

View Full Version : not your average "ID is 0. Is this server connected to MiniLogin" error

GemmaHuit
12-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Ok this is my issue.

MiniLogin set up, server is setup.

Access from the outside is working, had a friend log in across the net last night.

I can log in on 1 account from the LAN, but if I try to log in a second account on another computer, it logs in the same account I am already on!
Account table is al set to seperate IPS, all computers have static IPS.

From what I can tell it looks like, when I connect to the Login server my ip is correct, it states 192.168.1.xx but when it tries to transfer me to character select from the login server is switches what it thinks my IP is to 192.168.1.1 "aka my router"

I have tried using everything I can think of in the eqhost file dyndns account, local IP , Public IP, Public ip from a whois in IRC, no matter what it always logs in the same account..

and now it is giving me ID is 0. is this server connected to minilogin?

could not find a minilogin account, verify ip address logging into minilogin is the same that is in your account table.

if i put in that an account is 192.168.1.1 I can log in with it. but then I can only have a single account logging in.

here is my the eqemu_config.xml file

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>xxxxxxxxxxxxx</shortname>
<longname>xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>(DynDnsAccount.com)</address>
<localaddress>192.168.1.210</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>192.168.1.210</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>xxxxxxxxx</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>xxxx</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
</server>

and here is my LoginServer.ini

[LoginServer]
loginserver=(DynDnsAccount.com)
loginserver2=192.168.1.210
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=Shitty Titty
worldaddress=
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=MiniLogin
ServerPort=5999

Let me know if anyone has any ideas, I am fresh out.

GemmaHuit
12-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Guess i should also add the new findings I have, the only way I an log into my server on the local network is to set my eqhost to use my dyndns account:5999 then in the account table set the account ip to that of my router.

GemmaHuit
12-12-2008, 10:45 PM
Ok little bit more of a hint as to what might be going on, if I set the minilogin_ip to 192.168.1.1 of a newly created account, and change the ip of my first account to whatever, it still logs me in to that first account i had created.

is the IP table stored somewhere else, that minilogin pulls it from?

Rocker8956
12-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Going to guess that your issue is here (marked in red)

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>

[LoginServer]

I am at work atm so I can not look to see what those values should be but I know you rarely want to change the top one.

rabidpotatochip
12-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Actually, going on what Rocker said... try switching Loginserver and Loginserver2. If you're connecting the the dyndns IP it's possible that your computer is going through the router to establish the connection rather than through your LAN.

GemmaHuit
12-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Ok I will try swapping them, I followed some walk through that stated to do it that way to get people in from the outside. But we will see what happens if I switch the order maybe so it tries the local ip first.

GemmaHuit
12-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Going to guess that your issue is here (marked in red)

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>

[LoginServer]

I am at work atm so I can not look to see what those values should be but I know you rarely want to change the top one.

Good job Rocker, it was that initial address the one where I put my dyndns account, that was causing me to go outside the network then back in, but now once I change that, is my server still accessible from the net?

Rocker8956
12-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Honestly I don't know. Best bet is to have one of your friends try it. I have a minilogin test server setup with hamachi so a few of my friends can test code changes for me but I don't recommend that method. It was a pain in the butt to setup, at least for me. The easiest way to setup a server accessible outside your LAN is to configure a public server then lock it so only you and your friends can log into it.

(Edit)

Thought I should add, I tried the DynDns method and got it working except for two of my friends logging into my server from their house. They were using the same external IP address so they would login with the same account. Having two people logged in at once on the same account can cause some very strange bugs.