PDA

View Full Version : World data 1.0 beta

Drawde
07-13-2002, 08:30 AM
http://www.innersystems.com/~drawde/worlddata1.0beta.zip
This version should work with both 0.3.4 and 0.3.3.1. Trumpcard's item addon is needed
to run it with 0.3.3.1, but 0.3.4 has these items in the standard DB.
I also uploaded a new version of the EQNPC parser utility - http://www.innersystems.com/~drawde/eqnpc.zip
This is just a "beta" version as I haven't tested it enough to check
that it's bug-free, if any problems with it turn up I'll release an updated
version to fix them.
The main improvements in this version are completely "revamped" spawn lists for
all old-world outdoor and city zones, with fixed Z locations and extra spawn
points (where needed) for all NPCs, plus quite a few missing ones added. There are
many other additions and tweaks, such as some of Trumpcard's new collected items in
the loot tables, and more tradeskill recipes, including some for Alchemy (though I
couldn't get this skill to work properly). Tradeskills also now have "trivial" values
so you need to practice in order to be able to make higher-level items.

Sorry that I haven't been able to include anything from the MSH DB in my addon (I'd like to,
as it would save me having to create Velious/Luclin spawn lists myself!) as I use my
EQNPC program to generate the SQL data from a text file, and the MSH DB is already SQL data. I could
add the MSH data to the SQL files for my DB, but I don't think it would be possible to properly
integrate the DB with mine.

I still plan to work on my DB, quests and other EQEmu addons in the future, however at the minute I don't have
much time to work on it.

morpheus014
07-13-2002, 10:53 AM
Cool, what zones does this populate?

morpheus014
07-13-2002, 11:03 AM
Also are there any special files needed to run the utility? I try to run it and i get a black screen and it shuts down..

Drawde
07-14-2002, 07:18 AM
The EQNPC utility just reads in the data from eqspawns.txt in the input directory, and generates files containing the npc_types, spawn and npc_faction data in the output directory. It doesn't ask you for an input file or anything, just run it and it will generate the files (which takes a few seconds) and shut down.

To load the actual DB, unzip the .txt files into your mysql/bin directory, run mysql, then type "use eq" and "source reloaddb.sql", this will source in all the data. It will delete any existing NPC, faction, loot and merchant data (not items or zones/zonepoints) so back these up if you've got any custom data you want to keep.

Ariak
07-14-2002, 08:40 AM
*Big Grins*

Ariak
07-14-2002, 08:43 AM
Ooops!!

morpheus014
07-14-2002, 01:10 PM
Lol i thought it would actually let u edit stuff lol =P nevermind then hehe

Ariak
07-15-2002, 01:07 PM
Drawde, do you need current 0.3.4 MSH-DB data in .txt format?

Drawde
07-15-2002, 09:05 PM
Thanks, that would be useful, maybe that would make it easier to integrate with my DB.

To morpheus - you can edit/modify things with EQNPC, you edit the eqspawns.txt input file (read readme.txt). The program automatically generates spawn2,spawnentry,spawngroup and npc_faction tables as well as npc_types, this is MUCH easier than creating them by hand.

morpheus014
07-16-2002, 08:07 AM
K cool ill mess around with it- does the eqspawns file come from the eq collector program? where is the original data generated from?

Drawde
07-23-2002, 06:29 AM
To the admins/developers - any chance you could make this post a sticky, as with some of my previous DB posts? That would save people having to message me for links to my DB once this post gets pushed off the front page by new ones :)

Also, to Ariak - I recently changed my e-mail address, it's now edwardpinniger@bctalk.net, did you send the MSH DB data to my
old address? If you did, could you send it to my new one (the old address doesn't seem to work anymore). Sorry if this has wasted your time!

Ariak
07-23-2002, 07:32 AM
I've not copied it to text. It's been ~3 months since I've edited spawns and I have forgotten which numbers were MSH :(

Ariak
07-24-2002, 09:52 AM
I think it is just the HUGE FRIKKIN numbers for MSH db used..

Spawns like 104840 (all seem to be 6 digits)

I'll try and confirm this tonight. MSH seems to have the highest numbers, by far, and should be easy to isolate.