PDA

View Full Version : i need some help with georges tools

SilentPrayer79
12-20-2008, 07:07 AM
at first i was getting myodbc problems but i fixed that now i cannot get any of the programs to run at ll there is always a problem with for example the npc_loot_edit.exe file gives me this error message: Run-time error '339"
component 'imagelist.ocx' or one of its dependenceies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. now i do the the db.ini file configured right and i ran that register_ocx.bat file with all the tools i got and i always get an error message with something to do with a *.ocx file is there something im doing wrong. and my second question what program am i sapose to have in order to make quest i have MYSQL w/query browser 5.0, Navicat 8.0 and ActivePerl 5.8.8 Build 820 and i have all the tools from georges web sit http://wizardportal.dyndns.org/eqemu/eq.html im just have a hard time figuring out what to do but if i could fix this error problem i can probably get the rest. if you want me to list my pc's info just let me know i am using windows vista though with PEQ DB please someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks all

ChaosSlayer
12-20-2008, 01:32 PM
in future i would suggest posting quetsions on George tools in George sub-forum =)
but if you have allready run the ocx file, make sure to check the .ini file to make sure that DB parameters are corcet - DB name, location, password etc

other than that it should be working....

GeorgeS
12-20-2008, 02:13 PM
I think this is pretty easy to fix. First right click on the .bat file and select run as administrator. Before you do that, edit the file and remove the /s after each line. When you run the .bat, the OS will report if it suceeded or not.

Give that a go and report back

GeorgeS

SilentPrayer79
12-20-2008, 04:44 PM
is there a special folder where to unzip the tools to im still getting error messages for the first 3 ocx files but one of them is loaded. the a.ocx, DXAnimatedGIF.ocx, and imagelist.ocx error messages say the module was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005. the one file MSCOMCTL.OCX succeeded. i have the tools in this folder: D:\EMU_TOOL\GeorgeS_EqEmu_Files. is there something im doing that is messing this up? well let me know thank you again for the help.

SilentPrayer79
12-21-2008, 07:08 AM
Just wanted to let you know i got the programs to work with a fix i found in the forum on this page. it was from the post: Any way to get these working on Vista 32 bit?

now the programs load just fine and no error messages once so ever.

Thanks Again and Great Programs.