PDA

View Full Version : Bot enhancment request

jtcoyle
12-30-2008, 06:47 PM
I have my bot server up and running and I LOVE IT!!

I would like to request a few enhancements that would seem to be beneficial.

Would it be possible to have a command that would make the bots you are grouped with span out a minimal distance from the player as well as from each other? This would prevent them from bunching up on top of one another. It is very hard at times to give an item to a bot because they are grouped on top of one another. Once the player starts to move forward, attack or follow command issued, the bots would then fall in line or go about their normal behavior.

It would be nice if the bots when created could have a basic equipment package based on their level. There would be no need for different equipment packages for each level but rather have packages based on a level multiplier of 10. For example, level 10, 20, 30, 40 etc.

This last request steams from the fact that I was not able to give one of my bots an item from a fallen mob because it was a no drop item. To resolve this it would be nice to have a command that would allow a targeted bot to loot a corpse of a mob. A better way to do this would be to issue r a command that would allow a given bot to loot the corpse that the player has targeted.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

KEEP UP THE WONDERFUL WORK.

Dark Wing

demonstar55
12-30-2008, 08:00 PM
This last request steams from the fact that I was not able to give one of my bots an item from a fallen mob because it was a no drop item. To resolve this it would be nice to have a command that would allow a targeted bot to loot a corpse of a mob. A better way to do this would be to issue r a command that would allow a given bot to loot the corpse that the player has targeted.

quick fix: in the variables table set disablenodrop (or something along those lines) to 1, at least will fix the problem for now

Congdar
12-31-2008, 02:48 AM
the spacing thing was tried and it has its own issues so the best bet is #bot group order follow. It works for raids too. I added #bot summon that will summon a single targeted bot out of the pack to you for trading.

Equiping the bots is part of the fun of bots... giving them sets of gear just seems like cheating.

bots are able to take nodrop items already I thought. Is it maybe just that particular item? have you tried others?