PDA

View Full Version : Bot Probs

Sakrateri
01-06-2009, 01:00 PM
A problem I have found with bots occurs when you have a caster that casts pets and those pets die... ie.. I am using an SK and a Chanter. I was noticing that if the SK or Chanters pet got the killing blow I did not get credit for killing a mob so I killed the casters pets....well when you do that it crashes the zone so I figured , ok i will just have to lose a few kills to the pets sometime...

Then I noticed that the chanter likes to make pets out of some of the mobs I am trying to kill and it does not seem to wear off, but for some reason their life continues to go down and then once that chanter charmed pet dies....the zone crashes....

So my question is, can it be made that the chanter cant charm mobs or only charm them if you tell it too, or is it fixable so zones don't crash if a casters pet dies??

Angelox
01-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Hi Sakrateri!
You could pull out the charm spells from the chanter-bot spells set; I can't tell you exactly which spell, but will figure it out (if no one else has) when I get home from work.
I didn't even know the charm spell killed the zone like that.

Congdar
01-06-2009, 02:26 PM
A problem I have found with bots occurs when you have a caster that casts pets and those pets die... ie.. I am using an SK and a Chanter. I was noticing that if the SK or Chanters pet got the killing blow I did not get credit for killing a mob so I killed the casters pets....well when you do that it crashes the zone so I figured , ok i will just have to lose a few kills to the pets sometime...
I'm really surprised to hear this. This has been fixed for quite a while(fixed in build 1108) and I don't seem to have this problem with my bot pets.

Then I noticed that the chanter likes to make pets out of some of the mobs I am trying to kill and it does not seem to wear off, but for some reason their life continues to go down and then once that chanter charmed pet dies....the zone crashes....

So my question is, can it be made that the chanter cant charm mobs or only charm them if you tell it too, or is it fixable so zones don't crash if a casters pet dies??Another shock to me as I didn't put any charm spells into the chanter spell lists.

I will need more information to investigate this. What level are you and your bots? Where are you fighting when you don't get credit for the kill? Did you change the spell lists? If so which charm spell did you add? Killing the casters pet should result in the caster recasting the pet. What version of the code are you running?

Sakrateri
01-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Im using the EQEmuServerPack-4.00, I have changed nothing and I'm using Titanium client. I was fighting in great divide killing frost giants at level 32-33 the first time it happened with the pets taking kills and that's where I killed the pets while fighting before the mob died so I would be sure to get credit then the zone crash..

The next problem was in eastern wastes at level 34 fighting snow leopards, The chanter charmed one and then I couldn't do anything to it but its life continued to go down and once it was dead ....zone crash.

I must say though that I have been wanting to try this bot thing but because I run some pretty old servers I did not want to change my MYSQL but then I figured out how to have two MYSQLs on one machine and gave it a whirl and it is an awsome accomplishment and Kudos to everyone involved. Thanks !

Angelox
01-06-2009, 05:39 PM
I think you must have an older version of the code , or at least an older spell table. I can't find any charm spells in the current tables; charm or fear may not be a good idea to include in the table, as it's too random off a bot, and would probably create some pretty impressive trains under certain situations.
You did give me an idea though, Those two spells might be cool to have as a #bot command. I think I'll try them that way, see what happens.

Congdar
01-06-2009, 10:09 PM
You must have a real old version. I took my chanter bot out and had it attack an npc that was out of spell range, but not out of pet range. The pet did all the damage and killed it and it was a blue so I got experience.

I'd recommend gettting newer source and updating your database appropriately. If I knew the version in the package then you could just update to the latest source and run all the sql files since your build to upgrade your database. You could lose bot data if you do a complete database rebuild.

Sakrateri
01-07-2009, 12:09 AM
thats ok , im not worried about losing it, I want to see what Angels "more live like" are like anyway. What MYSQL am I going to need for the newer stuff? 5.0 is what I have now working with the bots.

Oh and Angel my chanter does use fear all the time but the mobs dont go anywhere , they just stand in one spot and stop attacking while feared.

Andrew80k
01-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Oh and Angel my chanter does use fear all the time but the mobs dont go anywhere , they just stand in one spot and stop attacking while feared.

Fear is really just a long stun in the emu.

demonstar55
01-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Fear is really just a long stun in the emu.

NPCs should be affected by fear now, PCs should just be stunned