PDA

View Full Version : Wizard like to chain cast see invis

cubber
01-07-2009, 12:51 PM
If I create a wizard bot she will start her buff set, and when she gets to see invis she will just keep casting it over and over again. Looks like she meds after each cast then gets up and starts casting it. If I ask for her to do a #bot lore she will interrupt the see invis casting do the lore lookup then go back to casting see invis.

Angelox
01-07-2009, 01:16 PM
If you're running older database, you need to run the Sql included in the sources SVN, or stuff like that will happen;

Required SQL: utils/sql/svn/250_bot_spell_update.sql

And if you want to use the #bot resist commands other than it being automatic, this one will fix it;

Optional SQL: utils/sql/svn/250_optional_bot_spell_update.sql

cubber
01-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Not running and old DB just did not realize I needed to update the spell tables for bots. Will do that now thanks.

Wondering if this will fix the bug I just had with a druid evac. Said Zoning to Plane of War when I had a druid evac me in frontier mnts. That kinda spooked me a bit, until I landed safely in FM.

cubber
01-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Just for future reference, are most of the sql files in that folder included in the newer PEQ CVS releases or will I have to update them each time I pull down a new db and svn? Looking through the older ones they seem to all be in the DB already. The only ones I had to add so far are mail chatchannels and bot spells.

number6
01-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Wondering if this will fix the bug I just had with a druid evac. Said Zoning to Plane of War when I had a druid evac me in frontier mnts. That kinda spooked me a bit, until I landed safely in FM.
Actually, if I remember rightly this is an intentional kludge to make sure you clear aggro when evac'ing... it makes you briefly zone out and get forgotten about by the mobs.

cubber
01-07-2009, 01:51 PM
The update did not fix the invis casting loop. Just to note when I do a svn update and compile I always pull down the latest PEQ CVS and install that as well.

Running SVN Rev 255 and PEQ CVS Rev 1129Rev245.sql

cubber
01-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Hmm looking at it a bit more it looks like when CaveDude does an update he includes the svn sql updates, however since there has not been a PEQ update since 245 and I am running svn 255 there are some missing updates that are needed for the newer server core that need to be applied.

But when PEQ comes out with a new update these svn updates should be applied?

Edit: The resist update seems to have worked. I hated the fact that they filled up my buff slots with unneeded resists. Thanks!

Angelox
01-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Is it invisible or see invisible you're having trouble with?

cubber
01-07-2009, 02:18 PM
see invis

She will cast it and it says "your eyes tingle"

then she will cast again and it will wear off and then say "your eyes tingle" again. and again and again.

Angelox
01-07-2009, 02:41 PM
What it is, I planned to add 'see invisble' to the '#bot invis' option and forgot.
"Do you want [invis undead], [invis live], or [invis see]?"

I'll try fix it today, mean time you can run this Sql;
DELETE FROM npc_spells_entries where (npc_spells_id >=701 and npc_spells_id <=712) AND spellid=80;
And it should fix the problem.

Any spell that has become a #bot command, needs to be removed from the bots spell list.

cubber
01-07-2009, 03:10 PM
The sql fixed the casting loop. She now goes on to cast her other buffs on herself. Before she would cast the first buff then see invis then loop in see invis. Now she does not cast see invis at all.

I tried #bot invis see but it just gave me options for invis live and invis undead

I figured that #bot invis see needs to be implemented yet to work.

Angelox
01-07-2009, 08:13 PM
It's all fixed and submitted, '#bot invis see', also the wizard evac.

The sql fixed the casting loop. She now goes on to cast her other buffs on herself. Before she would cast the first buff then see invis then loop in see invis. Now she does not cast see invis at all.

I tried #bot invis see but it just gave me options for invis live and invis undead

I figured that #bot invis see needs to be implemented yet to work.

cubber
01-08-2009, 12:36 AM
Thank you, I will recompile and test if I get a chance tommorrow.

I was also thinking what about corpse summoning for Necros and SK's? Give them the proper coffin and they summon your corpse?

cubber
01-08-2009, 12:54 AM
One other thing that would make wizards better, would be to make levitation an optional spell like invis, sow and the rest. They always will cast levitate on you if one is in your group. If it gets clicked off it will be recast. The only way around it is to get all your buff slots filled up to prevent it from sticking.

Some zones levitation is nice, however it can be very annoying in most situations especially for a melee class.

Angelox
01-08-2009, 07:29 AM
That spell is already a command and should have been removed, I just left it out of the 250_bot_spell_update.sql, I updated that file, here's what I added, you can also remove;
DELETE FROM npc_spells_entries where (npc_spells_id >=701 and npc_spells_id <=712) AND spellid=80;
DELETE FROM npc_spells_entries where (npc_spells_id >=701 and npc_spells_id <=712) AND spellid=261;
DELETE FROM npc_spells_entries where (npc_spells_id >=701 and npc_spells_id <=712) AND spellid=255;
DELETE FROM npc_spells_entries where (npc_spells_id >=701 and npc_spells_id <=712) AND spellid=894;
DELETE FROM npc_spells_entries where (npc_spells_id >=701 and npc_spells_id <=712) AND spellid=2739;
DELETE FROM npc_spells_entries where (npc_spells_id >=701 and npc_spells_id <=712) AND spellid=86;

Any spell that's been turned into a #bot command, needs to be removed from the PEQ databases "npc_spells_entries" table.
I think I finally got them all, but if you see a bot auto casting a spell that should be a command, post it and we'll add it to the above list ('#bot list' will tell you what spell should be a command).
A lot of these spells I had pulled out of my own database a long time ago, just because they annoyed me, and I forgot they were still in the PEQ database.

cubber
01-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Thanks I will give it a shot.

cubber
01-08-2009, 09:33 AM
I get the following error on zone when I try to compile under linux.

client.h:531: error: extra qualification 'Client::' on member 'BotTradeSwapItem'
client.h:532: error: extra qualification 'Client::' on member 'BotTradeAddItem'
zone.cpp: In member function 'bool Zone::LoadZoneObjects()':
zone.cpp:185: warning: missing braces around initializer for 'uint32 [2]'
zone.cpp: In member function 'void Zone::StartShutdownTimer(int32)':
zone.cpp:1126: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
make[1]: *** [zone.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/eqemu/EQEmuServer/zone'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Angelox
01-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Probably, you have too new a version of the gcc compiler, those errors might have been a result of more errors produced before them.

cubber
01-08-2009, 10:17 PM
I just compiled rev 255 fine on the 4th on the same machine. I have not updated my compiler since then. I made sure to run make clean before I did an svn update and make.

Maybe I will try again with a clean svn download.

Angelox
01-09-2009, 12:02 AM
I get the following error on zone when I try to compile under linux.

client.h:531: error: extra qualification 'Client::' on member 'BotTradeSwapItem'
client.h:532: error: extra qualification 'Client::' on member 'BotTradeAddItem'
zone.cpp: In member function 'bool Zone::LoadZoneObjects()':
zone.cpp:185: warning: missing braces around initializer for 'uint32 [2]'
zone.cpp: In member function 'void Zone::StartShutdownTimer(int32)':
zone.cpp:1126: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
make[1]: *** [zone.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/eqemu/EQEmuServer/zone'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Try this out (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showpost.php?p=162652&postcount=3) see if it helps

cubber
01-09-2009, 10:16 AM
That did the trick thanks. Also the wizard evac works great!

Another idea I had on a long camp last night:

bot summon food
bot summon drink