PDA

View Full Version : Can a minilogin server be accessed on 2 diff IP's

kavren
01-07-2009, 02:49 PM
If my minilogin server holds 2 different IP addresses, can user "X" set their eqhost file to connect to IP addy 1, and user "Y" set their eqhost file to connect to IP addy 2?

Angelox
01-07-2009, 03:00 PM
The only thing MiniLogin looks at to identify your account is your IP address, the rest of what you see in accounts table is used by public login, or the 'PhP ip fixer'. So, whatever IP you arrive at the LS with , is what MiniLogin will seek to match in the accounts table.
eqhost file is just something for the client to know where the LS is.
your minilogin server IP addresses usually include your internet ip and your LAN assigned IP, so it know where to watch for new customers.

kavren
01-07-2009, 03:12 PM
The reason I ask is this:

A friend wants to login to my EQEmu server. He also has a housemate that wants to play as well. When they login, they will login under the same IP which will cause confusion on my server.

To fix it, I was going to have one person login normally, and the other person I was going to have them pull an IP from hamachi, and then give a hamachi IP to my EQEmu server.

Both will be connecting to the EQEmu server, but the EQEmu server itself will have 2 separate IP addy's. Now I thought in the settings file on the EQEmu server, that it only had 1 public ip address it could use.

So, is my solution viable?

rabidpotatochip
01-07-2009, 05:35 PM
I don't have much experience with Hamachi, just VPNs, SSH and so on...

But if you're going to go that route, wouldn't it be best (easiest) to have everyone use Hamachi and connect to the server's Hamachi IP address?

Angelox
01-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Yea, the server don't need different address, the clients do - so they need a way to produce different address.

You can play two accounts from teh same address, but if you don't log one out before zoning, they will crash when you do so.