PDA

View Full Version : minilogin from lan and internet

Sputzer
01-13-2009, 11:50 AM
The problem is that I can't seem to get lan and net connections to the server to work at the same time.

I have my client and server behind a wrt54g router with the server DMZ'd and my friend connecting from outside. The eqemu_config file is using a dyndns name I setup for the address field and then the local network ip (192.168.1.145) for localaddress and host. Loginserver.ini is using the local network ip for the loginserver and the dyndns name for the worldaddress. My host file is using 192.168.1.145:5999 and my friend is using the dyndns name:5999 so everything seems to be good.

The server has accounts setup for each of us with his internet ip and my local (192.168.1.100) ip. In this situation he can connect and play with no problems. When I attempt to connect I can see the server but get dumped trying to actually enter the server. The world window shows it as an unknown packet / opcode 0x0003 followed by net_error 192.168.1.100 and unable to identify stream from 192.168.1.100 before it closed. To me this looks like some sort of firewall issue but my client and the server both have windows firewall shut off and the server is DMZ'd. If I enable NAT loopback in the router the server then sees me connecting from the gateway (192.168.1.1) which is to be expected and I can sort of connect if I alter the account table but then my friend and I end up on the same account which leads to all sorts of problems.

On the flip side if I change the address field in the eqemu_config file to the server's ip of 192.168.1.145 I can play just fine but then of course my friend can't get in. Any sort of advice or help would definitely be welcome because I've been tinkering with these files for far too long already. :D

Derision
01-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Have you tried adding an entry in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts on your client PC to map your dyndns name to the internal IP of your server:

your.dyndns.name 192.168.1.145

Sputzer
01-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Have you tried adding an entry in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts on your client PC to map your dyndns name to the internal IP of your server:

your.dyndns.name 192.168.1.145

Tossed that in to my hosts file and so far it looks like that might actually work as I got in like normal. I'll need to have my friend attempt to connect from the outside but so far it looks great. I had been messing around with it all last night for hours and didn't even think to try a simple hosts file edit to get around the NAT issues. Thanks a bunch!