PDA

View Full Version : Can't see my server in server selection

Randymarsh9
01-16-2009, 11:34 PM
I know that a lot of people have posted stuff like this, but none of the solutions have helped. I did the latest tutorial to set up a windows server, but for some reason when I try to connect to the login server, it doesn't show my server.

Here's the eqemu_config
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<server>
<world>
<shortname>test</shortname>
<longname>Solo Server</longname>

<!-- address has to be specified for minilogin to work -->
<address>eqs.starspark.net</address>
<localaddress>eqs.starspark.net</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>eqs.starspark.net</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to

world -->
<key>make up some random string of characters here</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service -->
<http port="9080" enable="true" mimefile="mime.types"/>
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>********</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
</server>

and then the login server
[LoginServer]
loginserver=eqs.starspark.net
loginport=5999
worldname=test
worldaddress=eqs.starspark.net
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=StandAlone
ServerPort=5999

I'm pretty sure I followed the tutorial perfectly, but no matter what I do, I can't get it to appear. Tell me if you need more information to help

Randymarsh9
01-17-2009, 02:21 AM
I also have no idea what I'm doing. I don't even know how to edit the database, or get to it for that matter. Any help is appreciated.

Malignus Wingnut
01-18-2009, 04:03 PM
First off your eqemu_config.xml.

You want your local address to be ...well just that. When you start a command prompt (cmd) and type ipconfig, it's the one marked IP Address. See below:

Now I'm only assuming that eqs.starspark.net is some DNS that you have masking your external IP address, I know I use one, but if that's not the case then let me know.

Secondly, if Minilogin.exe is running on the same computer as the world server is, then you want the host of the login server to also be your internal IP address as marked above.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<server>
<world>
<shortname>test</shortname>
<longname>Solo Server</longname>

<!-- address has to be specified for minilogin to work -->
<address>eqs.starspark.net</address>
<localaddress>YOUR INTERNAL IP ADDRESS</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>YOUR INTERNAL IP ADDRESS</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to

world -->
<key>make up some random string of characters here</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service -->
<http port="9080" enable="true" mimefile="mime.types"/>
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>********</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
</server>

Now for LoginServer.ini:

worldaddress and worldname are both antiquated variables that you don't need for proper configuration. They still kick around from the days when LoginServer.ini was what world.exe read from instead of the new xml format.

Secondly, again instead of having your DNS address, you need to put your Internal IP Address under loginserver.

[LoginServer]
loginserver=YOUR INTERNAL IP ADDRESS
loginport=5999
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=StandAlone
ServerPort=5999

A brief little explanation:

The "address" variable in the xml configuration is the address by which clients will contact your server. If you are running simply through your LAN, you would have this as your Internal IP Address as well, but since it looks like you want to set it up over the internet, what you have is correct.

Let me know if that works for you.

Randymarsh9
01-18-2009, 05:03 PM
I changed everything around to be like that, but I still can't see it when I try to log on.

Malignus Wingnut
01-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Does your World.exe show that is connected to your login server?

For this you need to make sure you have set up your database for minilogin:

update variables set value='MiniLogin' where varname='LoginType';

Randymarsh9
01-18-2009, 06:43 PM
I typed that in in mysql, but I still couldn't see my server in the selection screen. I am still getting errors like ---------------------------------------------
[01.18. - 15:55:14] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_world_0560.log
[01.18. - 15:55:14] [WORLD__INIT] Loading server configuration..
[01.18. - 15:55:14] [WORLD__INIT] Log settings loaded from log.ini
[01.18. - 15:55:14] [WORLD__INIT] CURRENT_WORLD_VERSION:EQEMu 0.7.0
[01.18. - 15:55:14] [WORLD__INIT] Connecting to MySQL...
[01.18. - 15:55:14] [WORLD__INIT_ERR] Cannot continue without a database connection.

and
---------------------------------------------
[01.18. - 17:34:41] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_world_3276.log
[01.18. - 17:34:41] Failed to connect to database: Error: #1045: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

in my log file.

Malignus Wingnut
01-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Okay it looks like your problems extend much further than just what you described in your first post.

I suggest that you head on over to the wiki and make sure you have set up your server correctly.

I might go ahead and suggest starting all over, it will really help you out in the long run to understand things.

Randymarsh9
01-18-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm almost certain I have done it correctly. I did this the first time, and I got these same problems, so I actually already did redo it. I uninstalled everything, got fresh downloads, and did the guide again before posting here. I've already tried it multiple times.

Malignus Wingnut
01-18-2009, 07:30 PM
From your last post it's pretty clear that you skipped something. When I was new here I had roughly a zillion problems, most of which I'm sure everyone goes through the first time around. It's nothing to worry about, but getting into something like this warrants thorough examination of guides and really putting in the time to try to understand what it is that you are doing.

Tell you what. Try this.

Go into MySQL and type:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'localohst' IDENTIFIED BY 'PASSWORD' WITH GRANT OPTION;

replacing PASSWORD with whatever your mysql password is.

That ought to solve the problem with the database connection.

Randymarsh9
01-18-2009, 07:38 PM
well, i tried that and I still am having the same problem. I looked online and it looks like a lot of other people have this problem as well. I'm probably just going to reinstall everything and try again though.

Randymarsh9
01-18-2009, 10:06 PM
OK, i uninstalled everything, redid the tutorial exactly as it says, edited all the information you said I should, but I still get the same errors saying it can't connect to the database and I still can't see it in the server selection screen. I really do not know what else I can do. I pretty much have that guide memorized by now.

Randymarsh9
01-18-2009, 11:58 PM
Can someone else test this guide and do it just as it says and see if it works for them?

Randymarsh9
01-18-2009, 11:58 PM
Can someone else test this guide and do it just as it says and see if it works for them?

Malignus Wingnut
01-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Which guide are you using? I've been kicking around these forums for a few years, so when I set up my most recent server I kinda went on my old autopilot rather than following the guide to the T.

Ohhhhhh I see now.

Alright, here's why things aren't working for you. The guy that wrote the guide you are using wasn't very clear about a few certain things. Try using this guide:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ws992mysql5

The only thing that guide won't tell you how to do is set up minilogin, but combined with what I posted earlier in this thread it should work just fine for you.

Malignus Wingnut
01-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Forget what I typed above for the last part, instead:

Go ahead and follow the guide you were using to set up minilogin, only make the following change.

The deal with eqs.starspark.net is that it is specific to HIS setup ONLY. You need to change every instance of eqs.starspark.net to your internal IP address or - what shows up under IP Address when typing ipconfig into a command prompt. Disregard what I posted further above and just do this.

Randymarsh9
01-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Ok, it has to be a problem with MYSQL. I have done the guide 4 times now and editted everything you suggested; however, I still am getting the exact same errors about not connecting to MYSQL or the database when I try to run it. I have been reading a lot of forums online and saw that getting the errors I am is pretty common, but none of the fixes work for me. When I type mysql -u root into a command prompt it says access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password no). I tried the code you gave me to give the privileges to the user, but it still had no effect.

Malignus Wingnut
01-19-2009, 06:15 PM
The command is mysql -u root -p -- it will then prompt you to enter your password.

Do you have AIM? I will talk you step by step how to set this up.

Randymarsh9
01-19-2009, 06:24 PM
yeah, I just made on really fast. Eqemuhelp. Im not very creative