PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for bot ports!

cubber
01-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks angelox for taking the time to implement bot porting! I just noticed that the #bot gate command was in the latest svn when I updated today. Looking forward to playing with that tonight when I get home.

Angelox
01-19-2009, 12:36 PM
I shouldn't have all the credit - in this case credit goes to Congdar and Derision -
Derision showed me how to do switching from one bot to another with the #bot track development; I've since been exploiting it, and combining with code Congdar has done. All the new commands I made are a result of that.
That's one of the beauties of open source - have the ability to apply your ideas into work other people have done, and make it better.
It's a shame people here still apply their ideas into work other people have done, make it better, then keep it for themselves. I'm sure glad most the Developers in the EqEmu code are for open source, else we wouldn't even have bots, or even a decent emulator for that mater.

cubber
01-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Well thank you to all the eqemu and bot code developers. I was just pretty impressed that I just threw that idea out there a week or so ago and now it is actually a reality. That was a pretty fast turn around. I wish I knew more about coding so that I could contribute to the project more. Bug testing and ideas are about what I am good for now. However I am starting to fart around with quest writing and am getting the hang of it.

Ikeren
02-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey Angelox, I mentioned it to Congdar, but he said you were the one that did Bot ports. You're missing The Emerald Jungle on both Wizard and Druid lists.