PDA

View Full Version : Level 75 spells

enkendu
02-07-2009, 04:24 PM
OK, so i would like to update my server spells from level 70 up to level 75 spells, now i have seen very few posts on this and have been searching the forums for a few days finding almost nothing, but i did find a spells_us.txt that was claimed to have been updated, however when i add this to my server and to my EQ Client, it doesn't do anything, i mean when i pull up the spell item in the game it says that you have to be level 255 in order to use it, and also it doesnt have any spell description on the item, if anyone could please direct me as how to go about implementing this into my EQEmu server, i would much appreciate it.

thank you

also i would like to mention that i am using PEQ Database Rev288 and i think im using the Emu Revision271,

Congdar
02-07-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm pretty sure the max level for Titanium is level 70, so the spells file isn't going to have spells higher than 70 unless it's completely custom.

enkendu
02-08-2009, 12:57 AM
Well you see, the level 75 spells are in the game, and i can cast them as a GM but i just cant scribe them in my book as a player

ChaosSlayer
02-08-2009, 02:29 AM
1) does the spells actualy marked for any player classes to be used in spells.txt file?
2) does the new spell file is placed into both - server and client sides?
3) how do you scribing them? via scrolls? Do the scrolls have proper classes types listed on them?
4) does the server allows players to legaly be that level for the spell?

enkendu
02-08-2009, 06:20 AM
Ok, i can set the server high enough to use up to level 75 spells, however the spell scrolls when summoned say that you are required to be level 255 in order to use them, also the same spell scrolls have no spell description or content on them, and thats where im confused and dont know how to fix that,

i can Cast the level 75 spells with the GM command #castspell and they do work as they are meant to, i just need to figure out how to get them into my book so that a non GM player can cast these spells

trevius
02-08-2009, 06:25 AM
The easiest solution would be to use a quest script to scribe spells for 70+. Otherwise, you will have to manually create/edit each spell scroll for all spells to match your custom spell file. It would be a pretty big pain in the butt, but could be done if you absolutely had to have it that way.

enkendu
02-08-2009, 06:36 AM
Thank you very much for that info, i'll look into doing that, im not very savy with the quest scripts but i'll see what i can find thanks alot,

would you have any leads on this by any chance? or links that could start me out?

trevius
02-08-2009, 07:05 AM
Try using GeorgeS' tools. He has a quest editor that has some basic quests and other tools that are extremely useful. Also, there might be a couple of examples in the custom quests section.

Angelox
02-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Trevius;
Wouldn't I need a newer client with the icons and data for newer spells and items (newer than Titanium)?

ChaosSlayer
02-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Ok, i can set the server high enough to use up to level 75 spells, however the spell scrolls when summoned say that you are required to be level 255 in order to use them, also the same spell scrolls have no spell description or content on them, and thats where im confused and dont know how to fix that,

i can Cast the level 75 spells with the GM command #castspell and they do work as they are meant to, i just need to figure out how to get them into my book so that a non GM player can cast these spells

if spells scroll shows you lev 255 this means that either scroll or the spell itself does not have mathing classes set for it, or spell is in fact set to 255 in spell ifle

enkendu
02-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Thank you Trev i'll try doing that, thank you much for the info it helped alot

enkendu
02-08-2009, 03:15 PM
one more question that i cannot seem to find the answer to, how do i find out what the spell slot Id's are in the spell book? i would like to play with this more and get it worked out, but first i need to try and GM mem some spells so that i can try making quests for them, or am i way off, haha i havent done many quest before,

but would the general idea be to make it so that the player could just hail an NPC with the spell script quest and the npc will scribe the spells in his book for him?

enkendu
02-08-2009, 05:49 PM
ok so i think i figured out whats going on here, so i make a NPC quest or something that when the quest is completed then the npc would basicly cast #scribespells 75, and that would give the player all spells for their class up to level 75, thaks for the help guys, if i am able i'll post the results of that quest here when im finished, "im a noob when it comes to doing quest" now im just trying to figure out the quest editor.

Thanks alot for the help guys

trevius
02-08-2009, 05:59 PM
This is the spell scriber script I use on Storm Haven. Feel free to use it or modify it to work for you. Note that it also scribes disciplines, trains bard skills up (since they level extremely slow in the emu), and will allow players to buy individual train points 1 at a time at a very high cost. The reason I let them buy extra points is in case they get to level 70 and spend all of their train points and forget to train at least 1 point in an important skill. I had a guy forget to train meditate once, so this seems like a decent solution, lol.

I highlighted the spell scribing part in green for you, which is the main thing you need.

#A conversation to Scribe ALL spells for Player (up to curr. level)
sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text =~/hail/i)
{
quest::say ("Good day to you, $name. Would you like me to teach you all of your [spells]? I am also trained in combat disciplines if you would like [train] them. I'm selling skill [points] if you are interested. Or maybe you are a [bard] in need of music lessons?");
}
if ($text =~/bard/i)
{
quest::say ("Yes, normally you would think of a bard as being an adept student of music. For some reason, these lands slow the music learning ability to such an extent that I am willing to use my magic to train their abilities. Are you [ready] to learn?");
}
if ($text =~/ready/i)
{
quest::say ("Listen closely as the essence of music fills your soul!");
quest::addskill(12,255);
quest::addskill(41,255);
quest::addskill(49,255);
quest::addskill(54,255);
quest::addskill(70,255);
}

if ($text =~/spells/i)
{
quest::say ("Good, stand where you are while I begin your lessons");
quest::scribespells($ulevel);
}

if ($text =~/train/i)
{
quest::say ("Good, stand where you are while I begin your lessons");
quest::traindiscs($ulevel);
}

if ($text =~/points/i)
{
quest::say ("If you have used up all of your Skill Training Points and need more, or if you just want to buy more, hand me 1000 Platinum and I will give you 1 point. These points sure are costly, eh?");
}

}

sub EVENT_ITEM {

if($platinum == 1000) {
quest::say ("Thank you! Here is your costly skill point. Use it wisely!");
my $cur_skill = $client->GetSkillPoints();
my $new_skill = ($cur_skill + 1);
$client->SetSkillPoints("$new_skill");
#quest::say ("You started with $cur_skill points and trained up to $new_skill points");
$client->Message(15, "You have gained 1 skill point. You must zone before you can use it.");
}

}

enkendu
02-08-2009, 08:15 PM
wow, this one is awesome, hehe thanks alot for posting that, i will use and enjoy that one much,

i just made a simple one but i'll be using yours for sure.

thanks for that fast reply too.

enkendu
02-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Hey trev, if its not too much to ask, you wouldnt happen to know if there is a way to setup a patch server so that all the clients that play on my server can download the edited spells_us.txt files? when i update them?

or even an IP updater? http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25067&highlight=auto+updater i looked at this alot but i cant post on this thread to ask there for some reason, and all the links are dead there, but i am very interested in something like this.

sorry to nag all the time, i just like building a server really, it takes alot of learning and i enjoy it.

trevius
02-08-2009, 09:15 PM
I know a patcher can be setup, and I think there may be a link to download one from sourceforge somewhere. I have never messed with it personally. Running a public server, you couldn't use a patcher, and really if you are just sending the spells file, a simple link for players to download it should be simple enough. Most people just host the file on their website and link the website in the MOTD for players to reference.

Using a patcher to send EQ files may be considered illegal, especially if you send certain files like eqgame.exe, zone files and probably most other files that aren't just plain text.

If you are planning to allow players play publicly on your server, you are better off just setting up a public server so you don't have to mess with mini-login stuff. As of right now, I am not aware of any good public alternative to the public login server. It sounds like you are wanting to setup something similar to what Shards of Dalaya uses. They aren't affiliated with the EQEmu project, so you may be able to find out more about that from their website.

There may be alternates to the current public login server eventually, but other than mini-login, I don't think there are any other options right now.

I only use public login, so I can't really be of much help in anything other than that. Though, maybe some of the private server admins can be of more assistance.

enkendu
02-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Thanks for you help trev, it is much appreciated, im not running a public server at the moment and i dont really want to, i just have mostly friends and family on my server, i only have about 35 accounts or so that play, but i know everyone of them in person, i'll have to look into putting up a link for them to download it, some of them are not savy when it comes to this stuff,

would it be ok if i linked your webpage that you have setup for the spell_us.txt? i dont have a webpage or anything like that. i will link your download page to them if that is ok with you, but i dont want to impose on you or anything