PDA

View Full Version : Item Creation Process

dWhisper
07-20-2002, 09:17 PM
I've been trying to use the Kaiyodo Item Editor to add stuff into the database for "DWEQ". I have a few general questins, and then beyond that, I have some questions about what specific keys in the editor are called.

I have figured out a lot of the stuff, but what still baffles me is that I can't seem to get the game to recognize any of the items that I stick into the database. If I open it (to test) in EQEmu admin tool, it finds my item sitting there with the key that I give it (do they have to be sequential, or can I space them out, such as sticking the items I want in a 39000 line).

Beyond that, I'm trying to figure out what the PI flags are for (Level I can guess, but Count, Effect, Spell, MagicMask and CountFlag all seem like duplicates of other keys).

Also, what are the limits of the various settings. Will it kick out a 3/30 weapon as Being Bogus, or will it let that fly. Barring that, will I be able to make that +50 Uber Dragon slayer (Just tossing out hypotheticals here, I promise. My server isn't super-unbalanced. EQ does enough of that on their own).

And do the factionModIndex mean all that much, since those tables are kind of out of sync?

Any help would be good help, and thankya

**Edit**

One thing I have noticed is that when I'm creating a new item, it always seems to set the Item Num to -26536. Is there somethign I'm missing for having to save these, or am I just lost?

Kaiyodo
07-20-2002, 11:31 PM
The limits for the values are client side, EQ decides what it will allow through and what it will throw out as a bogus item. It's pretty forgiving though, I've certainly created 100/10 weapons with +50 bane, +50 magic +50 race damage with 50000hp and an Ice comet effect. They show up fine in the Emu.

As to what all of the PI flags mean, well, I don't think anyone this side of VI is sure :) Effect is definitely the type of spell effect (Proc/permanent effect/clickable etc.), Spell is the spdat ID of the spell on an item. Count and Countflag I'm not sure of, I just know that when Countflag isn't 2 that the client seems to forget that items are nodrop or have spell effects on. Most of them are duplicates of other values, so it's possible that they are used at runtime on the client to store temporary information, though that's just a guess.

I'll have a look at the item creation in my editor, I coded that feature in about 5 mins so it's not undergone the most rigorous of testing. An item number of -26000 doesn't sound great :)

K.

Kaiyodo
07-21-2002, 12:16 AM
Ok, I have some answers.

It looks like you can set the item number to pretty much anything you like between 1001 and 65535. There's a quirk in my editor that shows items numbers above 32767 as negative numbers though (the edit boxes are set to 'signed'), however the items should still work with the number you typed in.

There's also a bug in the #search command which is probably why your items aren't showing up. The last item in the database isn't searched, but you can still summon it by number. If you add a dummy item after all your custom items then the search will work.

The actual bug is that the #search command searches 'while less than database.GetMaxItems()'. That function call return value is the return value from the SQL command 'SELECT MAX(id) FROM items' which will return the maximum item id rather than the number of items in the database, and therefore be off by one (as the list is 0 based).

K.

dWhisper
07-22-2002, 04:58 PM
I figured some stuff out. Using that editor, I have to put them into the dB sequentially. If I don't, it won't let me pull them up. I more or less ignored the items in the game, and said I didn't have sufficient permissions to summon those items. Not sure if this is editor side or dB side. I'll look into the source code and see what I can find out.

The numbers are selectedby the db, and you input them, but it's checking for some value. If it's on the mysql side, then nothing can be done. But if it's on the side of the editor (which is very nice Kai), then it could be a value that's checking the number of records, since that value seems to change when you use the paste information to edit (a useful way to learn).

If that is being compared against the selected index, the negative could just be the error output that it gives for a math error.

Like I said, I was going to look into it. I just figured that being able to block out different areas would be a useful step in standardizing how the dBs looked.