PDA

View Full Version : Item Duplication with looting corpse to fast

cybernine186
02-13-2009, 07:49 PM
When I was the Lead GM of the VZTZ server I found how people was duplicating items. I reported it on the forums a while back but no one ever found a fix for it. Most servers don't care but those who wish to be legit maybe do.

How to duplicate the issue

Put a bag in your 8th inventory slot(lower right slot)
Put basically any item in that bag in the 8th inventory slot
die & leave a corpse with a full set of gear on it
Right click very fast on each item to loot it
If you do it to fast the zone will crash otherwise you will notice the item in the 8th inventory , 8th slot in the bag will appear on your inventory
Now if it is a lore item and you try and loot the 8th bag from your corpse 1 of the items will delete because it is a lore item
You can delete the item in your inventory or give it to someone else and loot you corpse and find your item in the 8th bag, 8th slot will still be there.

How to fix the issue
This is a patch for the latest version of the eqemu from SVN.
(Tortoise patch)
Index: PlayerCorpse.cpp
================================================== =================
--- PlayerCorpse.cpp (revision 315)
+++ PlayerCorpse.cpp (working copy)
@@ -880,6 +880,12 @@
item = database.GetItem(item_data->item_id);
}

+ // Voidd: Prevent Item Duplication When Looting Corpse
+ if (((item_data->equipSlot >= 251) && (item_data->equipSlot <= 330)) && ((charid == client->CharacterID()) && (IsPlayerCorpse()))) {
+ client->Message(13, "Anti-Item Duplicate Attempt");
+ return ;
+ }
+
if (item != 0)
{
if(item_data)

You can replace or take out the message to the client. This patch doesn't keep the zone from crashing if you loot the corpse to fast by right clicking alot but it at least keeps people from duplicating items using corpses.

Enjoy!