PDA

View Full Version : Changing Spell Descriptions

Xzerion19
02-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Does anyone know how to go about changing the descriptions of spells, as in when you hold right click on a spell gem and it gives you text describing what the spells would do?

Thanks,
Xz

demonstar55
02-14-2009, 07:52 PM
I believe the spells_us.txt or spells_en.txt files has the information

Neiv
02-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Try OpensSpell (http://wizardportal.dyndns.org/eqemu/OpenSpell_1.1.zip). Not sure it changes the properties box, but it can change characteristics (such as the text effect).

ChaosSlayer
02-14-2009, 11:44 PM
description of the spell effect stored in the .txt files with names like db_string or something. The spell file only stores # reference to the data txt file

for exmaple description of what Spirit of Wolf does in spell file simple stored as reference 555 (for exmaple), in data file 555 actualy corespand to a writen description of spell effect

Warking
06-23-2013, 04:38 PM
Where are the spell .txt files on the server? I cannot locate them. Or are spell descriptions client side?

Warking
06-23-2013, 04:40 PM
I found the files client side. Does this mean I need to send the updated files to the users?

Hateborne
06-28-2013, 07:42 AM
I found the files client side. Does this mean I need to send the updated files to the users?

Yes. The spells_us.txt is the spell game data (particle effects, target types, damage ranges, etc etc) and the db_str.txt is the description giving by inspecting a spell.

The spells on server are found in spells_new in your DB. The db_str.txt isn't in the database (as far as I know), but it's client description only (making it useless for a server).

If you change the spells and/or descriptions for them, it is wise to run a query (or tool) to pull the data out of spells_new into a spells_us.txt file. The clients will need the new spell file and a modified db_str.txt.

-Hate