PDA

View Full Version : Update Source/Database/Quest info

thepoetwarrior
02-18-2009, 11:23 AM
I've had to read a lot of the forums, and some google searching, just to figure this out. Was getting fustrated to figure out how to get the most current Linux Source, PEQ Database, and PEQ Quest. Turns out its really easy.

For the source I just go to command prompt and type:

svn co http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/EQEmuServer

Now when I download it, I dont see the Rev number anywhere. I checked the obvious changelog.txt but it only has dates with changes made. So for me to figure out the current revision number, I put the address from above:

http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/EQEmuServer

into a web browser then I see on top of the web page info like this:

projecteqemu - Revision 342: /trunk/EQEmuServer

Now for the current database and quest files to match the current source code, I use cvs from command prompt to download, but first I needed to have cvs installed. I found this command with google and it worked for me on Debian Linux.

apt-get install cvs cvsd

Then to download the PEQ Database:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@peq.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/peq checkout peq_db

Then to download the PEQ Quest Files:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@eqemuquests.cvs.sourceforge.net :/cvsroot/eqemuquests checkout peq_quests

Also, after I compile the source, I use a script to make the current updated server boot up instead of the old one I had before.

Delete old links:

rm cleanipc commands.pl eqemu_config.xml.full eqlaunch libEMuShareMem.so log.ini logs mime.types patch_* plugin.pl templates world worldui worldui.pl zone

Create new links:

ln -s ../source/peqdb_1129Rev342/utils/defaults/* .
ln -s ../source/peqdb_1129Rev342/utils/patch_* .
ln -s ../source/peqdb_1129Rev342/utils/cleanipc .
ln -s ../source/peqdb_1129Rev342/world/world .
ln -s ../source/peqdb_1129Rev342/EMuShareMem/libEMuShareMem.so .
ln -s ../source/peqdb_1129Rev342/eqlaunch/eqlaunch .
ln -s ../source/peqdb_1129Rev342/zone/zone .

To make things easier, I execute all those as scripts just like my ./start and ./stop scripts.

Hope this helps others that are not experts at Linux like myself. I know Linux Experts will find this info trival, but for someone like myself that is still learning, this info has come in bits and pieces for me.

trevius
02-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks, Hunter! I am sure some people will find that info useful when trying to figure that all out. At some point, it would be a good idea for one of the experienced members to update the wiki pages on how to setup a server. Alot has changed and most of the info in the current wiki page for it is correct, but enough is outdated to cause problems with new members trying to use it. I would do it myself at some point, but my schedule is full for a long time to come :P

thepoetwarrior
02-18-2009, 09:46 PM
A fresh new wiki from the experts would definately be a welcome addition here! :)