PDA

View Full Version : Level 70+ spells

Bristlebane[nj]
03-05-2009, 01:27 AM
Well , I have my spells_us.txt file set with every spell from level 70 to 85.
Players have downloaded the file, logged in, scribed spells and have not been able to see any of them.

They are in my server folder and my eqemu folder.

On my side I can see the spells and cast them fine.
But other players can't, it shows up as Unknown Spell - could this be because of SoF?

ChaosSlayerZ
03-05-2009, 01:49 AM
i will take a wild guess and say that it is posible that:

those are past Titanium spells and most likley have spells ids ABOVE id# 10k, while your players still running Titanium client, and their T instalation cannot recognize any spells with id above 10k

Bristlebane[nj]
03-05-2009, 02:28 AM
Alright, I was told that also.. thanks

trevius
03-05-2009, 04:21 AM
Yeah, SoF let's you exceed that 9999 spell ID limit, which is one of the benefits of trying to get it working in place of Titanium. I am not sure what the max is if there is one, but it is almost certainly over 13k+. It may be as high as 20k+ even, since EQLive has that many now.

Bristlebane[nj]
03-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Well I guess I'll have to edit the SoF Spell File for now, keep the regular one for a back-up when people switch to SoF.

Bristlebane[nj]
03-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Except now I have a new problem of when SoF people are not fighting or anything, try to cast a spell and it says "You can not cast this spell while out of combat." It says it on every spell I try to cast, and anyone else using SoF.

Trevius, have you had this problem?

trevius
03-06-2009, 04:18 AM
SoF users can't use a Titanium spell file. Titanium has 203 fields in the spell file and SoF and Live have 10 or 20 more at least. Missing those extra fields causes the problem you are seeing. I tried it myself while working on getting buffing to work properly. It is ok to use a newer spell file with more fields on an older client, but you can't use one with less fields on a newer client.

Bristlebane[nj]
03-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Well what should I do about the new error? SoF players can't cast any spells at all.
"You can not cast this spell while out of combat."