PDA

View Full Version : completely lost on spell problem

kimura0715
03-25-2009, 10:07 PM
I just got my server up and running again, and I actually used the peq installer pack..then i used the updater pack and now my server loads up and everything works, but i have no spells loaded. I see a new table in my DB called spells_new... i saw a post about import/export spells something by andmetal, but after reading the whole thing I feel like i just tried to read chinese...is there a easy way to get the spells to work like it used to be...for us noobs that rely on tools and stuff to do the work lol...thanks for any help

Aldest
03-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Have you placed the spells_us and spells_en from Titanium into the EQEMU folder?

I know the help document suggests you may not have to but for mine to work I had to.

trevius
03-26-2009, 04:26 PM
I believe that the current PEQ databases come with the spells_new table fully loaded already. That is what I heard anyway if I recall correctly. Unfortunately, the default server software is still set to load from the spells_us.txt file instead of the database. Hopefully, the database way will be set as the default a some point, but for now it is still using the old way.

What that means is that for basic installs using the binaries, you just need to copy your spells_us.txt file from your Titanium install directory into your eqemu server directory (same thing.Aldest said). You shouldn't need to worry about doing any sort of import/export yet.