PDA

View Full Version : Mushroomhead!!!

Hardy
07-25-2002, 11:22 AM
Very good band, not very popular yet, but I sure hope they get up there, if you like rock with pianos, bells, etc....you might just like this band, I never liked that kind of rock, but when I found out about these guys, they make it sound GOOD! There albums before there new one suck major ass, but there new one, XX, is the BOMB! Here is there link: http://www.mushroomhead.org
When you get there, a flash comes up, has a song from them, not there best one though. When you get in there, click on See, its on the left, when you go over the X's you will see it. Watch the video "Solitare Unraveling" Thats the best song from them, then go to Hear on the left. Can't remember names, but the song numbers are: 2, 3, 4 and 7. #3 is Solitare Unraveling, so you don't need to hear that one cause you just saw it :p. You can listen to the other songs, they just ain't as good ;)

Hope you enjoy this band as much as I do, if you don't like Rock, i wouldn't recommend them to ya, you can buy there new album for like $8 off the internet, I believe $13 at a store. Enjoy! :D

Hardy
07-25-2002, 11:26 AM
BTW, please don't reply saying that they are trying to be like Slipknot with the masks, because I believe its the other way around, Mushroomhead started in 1993, about 2-3 years before Slipknot was even born. Slipknot is a good band to though :D

Ariak
07-25-2002, 03:38 PM
"Two thumbs down on this one, Gene."

Trumpcard
07-26-2002, 12:45 AM
I saw those guys open up for WASP earlier this year. Good band live, a little on the odd side though. The keyboard player is really annoying, but the singer makes up for it. He's got really good stage presense. As far as being like Slipknot, who cares, they're all trying to be like GWAR anyways who got the idea from KISS..

:-)

Hardy
07-30-2002, 02:19 PM
Yea, they are an odd band, but I like how they can put piano, bells etc.. into a rock song and still make it sound good.

You gotta give them a thumbs up for the creativity though :D

Trumpcard
07-31-2002, 02:08 AM
Check out 'Union Underground' , those guys write some really kick ass songs.. Check a couple of songs off Kazaa (buy the album though, support the bands you like or there won't be any follow up albums)

Turn me on Mr. Deadman
South Texas Deathride
Bitter

Hardy
07-31-2002, 04:07 PM
I have only heard 1 song from them, mainly cause its the theme to WWE Wrestling on Monday Nights, hehe. Its a kick ass song! Thats about all I have heard from them though

Lyenu X`Arie
08-01-2002, 06:43 PM
Yeah Mushroomhaed is alright and pretty awesome I must admit. But a list of much better bands in my OPINION is (in no particular order): Rorschach Test, KISS, Slayer, Rammstein, Arch Enemy, Dry Kill Logic, Lollipop Lust Kill, Korn, Alice and Chains, Cannibal Corpse, Dimmu Borgir, Dope, Genitorturers, Hemlock, Jack Off Jill, Kittie, Necrodeath, Necromanicide, Orgy, Rob/White Zombie, Thro Cult, System of a Down, Type O Negative. I know for sure that I missed a ton of bands, but so many of the ones I listed aren't big and are soo much better than mushroomhead. Anyways hehe, later.

Baron Sprite
08-01-2002, 07:13 PM
static x

Trumpcard
08-01-2002, 11:50 PM
Static X ROCKS live..

Type O' Negative is great too.. I got drunk with Peter Steele after one of their shows once, i use to work for a lights and sound company that handled the boards for a few of the small and middle sized clubs so i got to meet alot of bands coming through.. Very cool guy.. Humble he isn't..

But by far the best band I've ever seen live was Styx...

Those guys are old as the hills, and they outperform most bands half their age...

Hardy
08-02-2002, 04:38 AM
koRn is by far the best band EVER! Went to there concert about a week ago and it kicked major ass! Gotta meet Fieldy after the concert, he was pretty high and drunk, lol. Seen Jonathon, but he just got on his bus and left, which sucks.
Here are my likes: koRn, Creed, Pantera, White Zombie, Rob Zombie, Rammstein, Mushroomhead, Marilyn Manson, Coal Chamber, Slipknot, Ill Nino, Stain, System of a Down, Godsmack, Drowning Pool, Down, Disturbed, Iced Earth, Six Feet Under, Metallica, Green Day, Puddle of Mudd..............The list goes on and on, lol. :p