PDA

View Full Version : Root spell line plus DoTs

ryanlepsch
03-28-2009, 11:39 PM
Hey all, just made a post about this in the PEQ forums.

Root is having a chance to break on each tick of DoT damage, and it shouldn't. Root should only have a chance to break if it's hit by: a nuke, a DoT with initial damage component, or I -think- bow and melee damage.

Thanks!

blackdragonsdg
03-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Actually I think root spells have atleast a tiny chance to break from any source of damage but like you said initial dot damage, nukes of any type and melee/bow damage will break the root spell more times than not. Root is also random duration or modified random up to its max depending on what spell you are using so that alone will make it hard to tell what is normal breakage or breakage due to a bug.

ryanlepsch
03-30-2009, 07:54 AM
Update- did some testing on it. Without damaging mobs at all as they're rooted, root (out of ~25 tests) always lasted close to full duration.

Adding DoTs to the equation things changed drastically. Sometimes it would break on the first tick, then I'd recast root, and it would break on the subsequent tick, and again even. That right there is what bugs me... should not have to keep casting root like that... I'd rather go with a more random root duration than one that breaks fairly consistently from nukes.

I don't see many soloing druids out there, which is why I don't think many people know/care about the frustration of this.

ChaosSlayerZ
03-30-2009, 04:41 PM
on LIVE root break chance was NEVER affected by bow, melee or dot tick dmg.
Only by DD, or dot with initial DD component

Random root duration however did had a place mostly based on mobs resist

ryanlepsch
03-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Welp, root's also breaking when mob's hit by damage shield, and I know that's not right.