PDA

View Full Version : Enable Bot source for compiling

Congdar
03-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Here's some links for getting the linux compile to work:
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showpost.php?p=144417&postcount=381
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showpost.php?p=144421&postcount=382

For Windows in Visual Studio go to Configuration Manager and change the 'Active solution configuration:' drop-down to DebugBots or ReleaseBots.
Configuration Manager can be found in the Build menu.

LeftRoad
03-30-2009, 07:01 AM
Would this be something that could work well as a rule?

Congdar
03-30-2009, 08:33 AM
no, rules are for runtime options and bots are a compile time option.

John Adams
04-09-2009, 09:03 PM
I am not sure it is as easy as you say, Congdar ;) I am still searching around, but Release compiles fine - soon as I do ReleaseBots (VS2005) Zone linking fails:

1>Linking...
1>npc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall Mob::PET_Process(void)" (?PET_Process@Mob@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: virtual bool __thiscall NPC::Process(void)" (?Process@NPC@@UAE_NXZ)
1>.\../Build/Zone.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

This was after cleaning and rebuilding the entire project. 4 of 5 succeeded. I am never too sure what these linker errors really mean. Any hints?

Congdar
04-09-2009, 11:36 PM
The source has been updated to vs2008, i don't think vs2005 works anymore. I did find a problem with releasebots though. For some reason the bot pet classes cannot buff thier pets. So I stick with debugbots.

John Adams
04-10-2009, 10:58 AM
The source has been updated to vs2008, i don't think vs2005 works anymore.
Err, that's kind of a generalization to think everyone in the world updates to 2008 just because you have, hah. Don't you think supporting multiple SLNs would be more appropriate? I don't need VS2008 for my work (yet) so I hadn't planned on filling my drive with yet another version of something...

That aside, everything else seems to compile using the 7.1 sln, just this one linker error is all I am getting.

Congdar
04-10-2009, 11:13 AM
it wasn't my change. i had to update from vs2005 too. the change was in r272.

Aergad
04-11-2009, 03:20 PM
I use vs 2k5 and i merely had to add a few files to the 7.1 sln petai npcai and the SOF client patch files it compiles fine for me under 2k5 also to change back to perl58.lib is very simple just takes a couple minor tweaks to compile with vs 2k5 i dont like that the eqlaunch file now requires .net 3.5 that is just bad coding practices

cavedude
04-11-2009, 05:09 PM
I use vs 2k5 and i merely had to add a few files to the 7.1 sln petai npcai and the SOF client patch files it compiles fine for me under 2k5 also to change back to perl58.lib is very simple just takes a couple minor tweaks to compile with vs 2k5 i dont like that the eqlaunch file now requires .net 3.5 that is just bad coding practices

Huh? eqlaunch is written in C/C++, no part of it is written in C#. How in the world can it require any version of .NET?

Aergad
04-12-2009, 10:26 AM
then how come we at classiceq.org have had to install 3.net 3.5 on every single box we run a server on in order to have eqlaunch.exe run? trust me it requires it

Angelox
04-13-2009, 09:00 AM
then how come we at classiceq.org have had to install 3.net 3.5 on every single box we run a server on in order to have eqlaunch.exe run? trust me it requires it

This don't sound right to me, sounds like eqlaunch.exe is something that was made by a few people to make life easier for you (requires net version) . You're talking about something totally unrelated to the source code.
You can probably just place a shortcut on your desktop to "eqgame.exe" patchme , and that would also hook you up with any server on any LS, so long as you provide the proper data in eqhost.txt.
The net 2x, 3x are a free download of MS, no strings attached, most people have it already.

Aergad
04-13-2009, 09:05 AM
eqlaunch.exe is part of the server eg eqlaunc zone to launch the launcher zones dunno what your talkin about lol

cavedude
04-13-2009, 09:38 AM
eqlaunch compiles and runs natively on Linux without mono installed. Therefore, it cannot require .NET :P I think you might mean the SDK w/.NET. It isn't .NET it needs, but rather the SDK. Though, and I'm not trying to tell you how to run your server but you really ought to run Linux instead of Windows. It really is far more stable.

Aergad
04-13-2009, 10:26 AM
dont have my own server i will however be running it on linux when my new connection comes online

Aergad
04-25-2009, 05:20 AM
i havent been able to compile bots for the latest svn revision i get 2 errors which becuase i use putty i cant actually find in the output i followed the links posted im open to suggestions